my skill at playing the guitar just went up a lot in like a half second. i don't know what happened... one second i was kinda struggling with the intro to unholy confessions. then the next second i tried again and i just got this feeling like i was naturally playing. i was suddenly playing it perfectly after weeks of practice at it. then i tried playing the chorus to beast and the harlot.. and it's damn near perfect.

similar experiences?

i've been playing for four months by the way.
Yeah.. Actually I had that same thing happen but with different songs.. I practiced them.. And low and behold I could do it perfectly. Oh Noes!
ive had stuff like that happen. ill practice a song and not be going anywhere with it and then ill take some time of from playing guitar and do something else and the next time i play ill be able to do it a lot better. sometimes you just gotta take time of from practice to let it sink in.
lets just say u developed into playing the song..
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS
Well, sorta the first time I picked up a guitar, I listened to a lot of Yngwie (big inspiration) and since I listened to arpeggios from hell so much, I just started picking and omg I started playing it flawlesly. The first time I played too! I am god!
Ok that was the most random and stupid post I have ever made.
Yah its happened before, I sometimes just get away from practicing so much. And I'll come back, boom. Love it when that happens too...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I really sucked(like total shit) at first and then I took a little break and started making my own riffs and I got way better..
A few months after i started playing seriously i had a sudden increase of skill. I could play songs better and everything.

I suppose for some people it comes naturally.
Been away, am back
once i was trying to finish off learning under the bridge and it was late and i was getting tired and i couldnt remember much. but after i had a good nights sleep i could remember it goodly!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
sudden increases in ability are usually due to a change in the way your are approaching the situation in your subconcious.

basically "a genius simplifies the complicated, a moron complicates the simple"

if you can view music from the right perspective, it all seems simple and the only hurdle is getting your fingers to work as fast as your brain.
DETHKLOK RULZ!
Quote by sumguy67
ive had stuff like that happen. ill practice a song and not be going anywhere with it and then ill take some time of from playing guitar and do something else and the next time i play ill be able to do it a lot better. sometimes you just gotta take time of from practice to let it sink in.

yea that has happened to me too... a few times

it's cool when it happens cause a song you couldn't play turns into a song you play as easily as if you were playing a Em chord... that's ****ing cool
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
this will happen alot to most players, they play one day and feel great and the next few weeks theyre horrible and feel like crap but thats called a plateu and u have to cross them one way or another to keep climbing the symbolic mountain of guitar skill, ive done this many times...others im just having a bad day
Sometimes that can happen to me, I can also get worse though. For me, it depends on my mood, and also if you are warmed up or not. Being warmed up makes you feel WAAAAY better. So does playing with an amp
your body have been finally cordinated with that song or chord.
Its like your first walk, but you couldn't run. But if you TRY it, later, you could...
My Gear:

Guitar : Ibanez RG350EX 400 dollar US
Pick : ernie Ball - half a dollar
Amp : borrowing friend
Pedal : behringer metal pedal

------------------------------------------------------------------------

'I trust no talent'