Page 1 of 3
I've been drinking some of my Mother's vodka lately. The first time 'round, I got drunk to the point of dexterity impairment and assholeness (I was head-banging like nobodies business XD) off of about 3 and a half cups. The last two times, I only drank about a ~cup, enough to notice slight impairment of the senses and equilibrium disruption. I am an alcohol noob, and I have some questions...

The first time I got drunk, I drank about 1 liter of Chivas Regal whiskey, and it was a horrible experience. Worst pain of my life, and that is saying something. The whiskey wasn't so horrible then, and before the whiskey, I had a glass of wine, but since then, the scent of whiskey makes me violently ill, and I can't get down even a swig of wine. I've only managed to enjoy the cheap vodka through extreme bravery and personal courage . I enjoy the drunkenness, and I'd like to have the luxury of being drunk once in a long while. I can see the practicality of it and I can see how it could be a positive variable in life. But I need tips/advice.

Does nicer vodka taste less like poison?

Does all whiskey taste like poison?

Does all vodka/whiskey make you want to throwup? Is it all like drinking isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

Beer isn't so bad. I can see how nice it would be for pansies to get drunk off of. I am that pansy. How much light beer would it take to reach a nice drunkenness? One of the Bud Lights had absolutely no effect on me. I'd hate to have to drink 500 calories of light beer to reach a state of drunkenness...

My Father was an alcoholic, as well as a cokehead/dealer, and my uncle was a heroin junkie (though he remarkably quit with relative ease when his baby was on the way...). I understand that many have a problem with limiting their alcohol consumption. I must inquire as to whether there's something magical about booze that I have yet to understand that makes people become addicted to it, or if people are just far weaker in character than I when it comes to self-control and discipline. I used to be prescribed Adderall. It's a nice amphetamine. When you only take it once in a while, it's effect is a state of euphoria, peaceful sentiments, love for all sentient life, lack of appetite, stomach pains, shakiness/tremors, blah blah it basically unleashes the fockin' fury. I WISH I was addicted to it. I'm not. Can parellels be drawn?

What brands are the best?

Thanks. Commentary is welcome, but if you want to spew negativity, your opinion is not wanted. Cheers.
hahahahaha its awsome drugs run in the family. Now hard alc taste bad, dont be a panzy suck it up and deal with it
vodka is the liquer with the least taste, thats why it is used in so many mixed drinks. yes finer and more expensive vodka gets rid of that nasty "pinch" (my term for that certain taste)

for a reasonable vodka try smirnoff triple distilled
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
vodka is the liquer with the least taste, thats why it is used in so many mixed drinks. yes finer and more expensive vodka gets rid of that nasty "pinch" (my term for that certain taste)

How much is it? Thanks.
lmao, that was just a funny read. sorry to laugh... HAHA.

anyways, yes of course 1 beer isn't going to get you drunk. depending on your weight, it should be around 4-5 beers unless you're natural. it took me (literally) this much to get drunk my first time:

at least 4 beers (i lost count after the 4th)
a solo cup (those typical red ones) filled half way with skyy vodka
another half cup of smirnoff vodka
a full cup of malibu rum
another half cup of something that i honestly don't even remember

that's like, a lot for a first time... lol.
mmmk.
i drank whiskey my first time i got drunk i cant stand it now either. My guess is the more expensive, the better the quality which means no poison smell and it would go down smoother. I might be wrong but whatever, same siht different pile.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

ZOMG EVAN!

But..anyways, on subject.

Vodka is the shit, the only alcohol I can stand.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
all the vodka (and other hard liquors for example) I've had, do taste like rubbing alcohol, and ever since I've thrown up from it, it makes me sick just to taste it again. Beer is a lot better for me because it doesn't really have that taste to it.
lmao LIBBY!!!!

first post i make on UG in months and your here

whiskey is only for the brave of heart and strong stomached

a usual mickey of smirnoff will run you about 14-18 CAD

and damn no one on UG can hold their liquer
tequilla is my favorite drink. period. or jeagermesiter is bomb also. if you wana get drunk on beer because of flavor, buy everclear, put a little bit in your beer, then drink it. everclear is 99% alcohol, and when mixed with your beer it will drasticaly increase the alcohol levels so you will get drunk faster of less liquid.
I hate vodka drinking about 10 beers for me is pretty drunk.
Man...this guy doesn't even need to write a suicide note. He can just leave a link to this thread on his computer and everyone will understand.
Quote by Skraeling86
I've been drinking some of my Mother's vodka lately.

I'm sorry but I have to do this.....HAAAAHAA.......
i'm so sorry.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by Twist of fate
After you drink the vodka and she finds out she has no more does she hit you and kick you out of the trailer park?

she agrees to let him stay if he shaves her mustache
A litre of Chivas Regal???? Your full of shit buddy...... Drink it like a man you little bitch..... Drink it neat
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
good vodka should have almost no smell and will be really smooth to drink
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
she agrees to let him stay if he shaves her mustache

Yea but whens the dad gonna come home? Last time I saw he was still collecting roadkill but decided to stop at the bar while thier 3 year old daughter is outside playing in traffic. And by traffic of course I mean horse poo.
Quote by metalhead296
tequilla is my favorite drink. period. or jeagermesiter is bomb also. if you wana get drunk on beer because of flavor, buy everclear, put a little bit in your beer, then drink it. everclear is 99% alcohol, and when mixed with your beer it will drasticaly increase the alcohol levels so you will get drunk faster of less liquid.

jagermeister??? Jager bombs are awesome...... (Jagermeister and red bull)..... Instead of using everclear why dont you use methylated spirits.... 100% alcohol and cheaper.....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
i'd rather have some johnnie walker, or some good old fashion moonshine
Quote by sithian476
lmao, that was just a funny read. sorry to laugh... HAHA.

anyways, yes of course 1 beer isn't going to get you drunk. depending on your weight, it should be around 4-5 beers unless you're natural. it took me (literally) this much to get drunk my first time:

at least 4 beers (i lost count after the 4th)
a solo cup (those typical red ones) filled half way with skyy vodka
another half cup of smirnoff vodka
a full cup of malibu rum
another half cup of something that i honestly don't even remember

that's like, a lot for a first time... lol.

A liter of Chivas Regal and a cup of wine beats that. I think...

Quote by epy
I'm sorry but I have to do this.....HAAAAHAA.......
i'm so sorry.

Yeah, well. I'm not legal for alcohol yet. I'm not ashamed of stealing my Mother's vodka. When she's on that shit, her voice changes to that of a little girl, and she gets in your face and bitches about EVERYTHING. How she had such a bad childhood, how no one loved her, how she was fat.... It's pretty annoying, really.
Quote by sheumack111
jagermeister??? Jager bombs are awesome...... (Jagermeister and red bull)..... Instead of using everclear why dont you use methylated spirits.... 100% alcohol and cheaper.....

How much is everclear/methylated spirits? It sounds ****ing dangerous. How does one appropriate the correct dosage without getting violently drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently
good vodka should have almost no smell and will be really smooth to drink

I guess I haven't had good vodka. The stuff I've had is actually comparable to isopropyl rubbing alcohol, only less acidic and thicker. Pretty nasty stuff.
Quote by Skraeling86
A liter of Chivas Regal and a cup of wine beats that. I think...

I've never had CR but a liter is quite a lot. Overall I probably drank a bit more liquid but it probably equaled to be the same amount of alcohol. A cup of wine wouldn't do shit to me so I can't say much about that.

I rarely, rarely ever drink and that was the only time I actually drank to get drunk but... yeah, it worked.
mmmk.
Quote by Skraeling86
How much is everclear/methylated spirits? It sounds ****ing dangerous. How does one appropriate the correct dosage without getting violently drunk?

I guess I haven't had good vodka. The stuff I've had is actually comparable to isopropyl rubbing alcohol, only less acidic and thicker. Pretty nasty stuff.

The way it sounds, you're drinking this stuff like it's water. Don't be dumb. You have to sip even good vodka and whiskey. I never liked whiskey until I learned to drink the good stuff and take it slow. It kicks your ass, but it's great. Same with beer. I only pay for good shit.
Looking for my India/Django.
I hate vodka, I was at my friends party and I was drunk as hell (I vomit everywhere lol) and when I whent to bed there was that fat girl who came close to me and tried stuff, and I was too drunk to get up alone and go away so I was just trying to roll on myself to go away... lol bad memory, IM pretty sure I did not **** that cow.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
Quote by redwing_suck
The way it sounds, you're drinking this stuff like it's water. Don't be dumb. You have to sip even good vodka and whiskey. I never liked whiskey until I learned to drink the good stuff and take it slow. It kicks your ass, but it's great. Same with beer. I only pay for good shit.

Haha. Well...

I tried mixing vodka with coffee. I through half of it out, wasting vodka. I still got somewhat drunk, though. Last night, I simply drank shots of vodka out of the vodka cap (it was a rather large cap, atleast... ).

The first time I got drunk, I did drink it like water. If I sip the stuff, how long until it takes serious effect, and how much should I consume? It seems that would take too long. Anywho, thanks for sharing.
Quote by Skraeling86
I've been drinking some of my Mother's vodka lately. The first time 'round, I got drunk to the point of dexterity impairment and assholeness (I was head-banging like nobodies business XD) off of about 3 and a half cups. The last two times, I only drank about a ~cup, enough to notice slight impairment of the senses and equilibrium disruption. I am an alcohol noob, and I have some questions...

The first time I got drunk, I drank about 1 liter of Chivas Regal whiskey, and it was a horrible experience. Worst pain of my life, and that is saying something. The whiskey wasn't so horrible then, and before the whiskey, I had a glass of wine, but since then, the scent of whiskey makes me violently ill, and I can't get down even a swig of wine. I've only managed to enjoy the cheap vodka through extreme bravery and personal courage . I enjoy the drunkenness, and I'd like to have the luxury of being drunk once in a long while. I can see the practicality of it and I can see how it could be a positive variable in life. But I need tips/advice.

Does nicer vodka taste less like poison?

Does all whiskey taste like poison?

Does all vodka/whiskey make you want to throwup? Is it all like drinking isopropyl rubbing alcohol?

Beer isn't so bad. I can see how nice it would be for pansies to get drunk off of. I am that pansy. How much light beer would it take to reach a nice drunkenness? One of the Bud Lights had absolutely no effect on me. I'd hate to have to drink 500 calories of light beer to reach a state of drunkenness...

My Father was an alcoholic, as well as a cokehead/dealer, and my uncle was a heroin junkie (though he remarkably quit with relative ease when his baby was on the way...). I understand that many have a problem with limiting their alcohol consumption. I must inquire as to whether there's something magical about booze that I have yet to understand that makes people become addicted to it, or if people are just far weaker in character than I when it comes to self-control and discipline. I used to be prescribed Adderall. It's a nice amphetamine. When you only take it once in a while, it's effect is a state of euphoria, peaceful sentiments, love for all sentient life, lack of appetite, stomach pains, shakiness/tremors, blah blah it basically unleashes the fockin' fury. I WISH I was addicted to it. I'm not. Can parellels be drawn?

What brands are the best?

Thanks. Commentary is welcome, but if you want to spew negativity, your opinion is not wanted. Cheers.

I swear to god this works

Mix brandy, or what ever you got with

gatorade!
I am telling the fucking truth and it goes down so smooth
i is cool
Quote by Skraeling86
Haha. Well...

I tried mixing vodka with coffee. I through half of it out, wasting vodka. I still got somewhat drunk, though. Last night, I simply drank shots of vodka out of the vodka cap (it was a rather large cap, atleast... ).

The first time I got drunk, I did drink it like water. If I sip the stuff, how long until it takes serious effect, and how much should I consume? It seems that would take too long. Anywho, thanks for sharing.

You're drinking like a hound. STOP IT. It all depends on your body weight and specific chemstry. I know a kid who can get so wasted off of 4 drinks (12oz beer = 6oz wine = 1 shot of hard iquor) but have a BAC still within legal limits to drive. I also know a kid who can take 15 heavy (real) beers without getting phased.

I would say if you sip it, and you set a pace of 2-3 drinks per hour, you'll be plenty buzzed by hour 1. 2-3 drinks per hour should keep you from regretting being alive the next day.

And... how old are you?
Looking for my India/Django.
^ Hahaha. My Father has bad genes. He becomes an abusive asshole after 2 Miller beers.

I'm 17. I don't plan on drinking often... Besides, I have to deal with other adult situations, why not booze?

I'm 6'0, 170 pounds.

The sipping strategy sounds great. I guess I just expect to be drunk too soon. The last time, about half an hour had passed since I'd started drinking, and I panicked thinking I'd have drunk booze in vain, so I downed a cup of vodka. It wasn't pleasant.

Cheers (pun XD )
Vodka and Red Bull, FTW.

I usually cant shoot liqour anymore, but every know and then if Im already drunk I can take a shot or two of whickey or vodka. Usually the only thing I can do straight shots of is Patron tequilla, but thats about it. I typically tend to stay with beer. Shiner, FTW.
bombay gin, the best liquor on the planet, burns like hell for 5 seconds, then its gone
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Fuck vodka. I guess if you REALLY want to stick to Vodka you could always go for some of the flavored Smirnoff, as long as you don't mind being called a panzy. It takes me a good 5/6 shots to get drunk off Vodka.

I'm a rum guy myself, and Malibu rum is probably the easiest alcohol to consume straight without wanting to vomit.

Also, if you want a less expensive approach, get tequila. That stuff will get you drunk off maybe 3 shots. Its alot more economical, but tastes like grim death. Just get a chaser down quickly and don't hold it in your mouth and its fine.

As for the beers, I'm 5'11 1/2 and 150 pounds and it takes me five or six beers to get drunk.
Straight smirnoff vodka (grey goose when i'm rich) is my way to go, but i don't do it to get drunk, i enjoy it. Put it in the freezer and take shots once in a while.

And if you don't want to become an alcoholic, start by not drinking your mother's vodka. If you like the drunken feel you are going to get more and more addicted to the "freedom" to express yourself it gives you. So my advice, if you are going to drink, fine, if you want to become an alcoholic, fine with me too, one more idiot out of the professional workforce
been drinkin the russian water eh?

well i you really want to go with vodka just drink it. after the 2nd-3rd shot you cant taste ne thing ne ways
if your going with tequila mix it with mountain dew and you wont be able to taste it

or if you want to get really f-up really fast go with a screaming nazi. i think its 3 parts yeager 2 parts goldshlager in a shot glass but its been a while

BTW everclear is 95% alcohol
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Vodka- good.
Your mom- good.
Your mom and vodka- awesome.
You stealing your mom's vodka- BAD!
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
If i remember correctly, hep b gives you a distaste for drugs. =0
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by sheumack111

First of all, everclear is 190 proof, which would be 95% alcohol, not 99%

Second, methylated spirits?? I have no idea what that is but from the methyl im gonna guess that it is ethyl alcohol that has methyl alcohol thrown in it to fill up the volume so they can still say its 100% alcohol. For those of you that dont know, ethyl alcohol is the stuff that everyone drinks. Methyl alcohol is toxic (well, more toxic) and can make you go blind. And thats probably why its cheaper too, because noone wants methyl alcohol so they cant sell it for as much. Im gonna stick with the ethyl alcohol thank you

To the threadstarter, you really should not just be sitting at home drinking by yourself just for the hell of it man. Drinking (to the point of being drunk at least) should really only be for parties and with your friends and stuff. Sitting at home getting drunk by yourself isnt any fun. Plus its the road the alcoholism

Also, damn there are a lot of lightweights on this board
Someone said 5 or 6 beers to get drunk? Dude i had that much for starters at New Years. And i dont even drink that often. I followed that with a couple rounds of beer pong, about 8 or 9 shots of various vodkas and rums, several margarita things, and a 40 that a couple other people and i finished off. Now dont get me wrong, i was shit-face drunk and definately vomited but still, 5 or 6 beers is definately not getting me drunk
(that night also ended in sex for me , god bless alcohol and girls who are too drunk to care that i recently vomited out of the mouth they're kissing )
Last edited by bbsbass at Feb 6, 2007,
threadstarter should try sambuca.
Its a strong liquor which tastes of very strong anniseed. Its my favourite drink. I can drink it neat with ease. It costs me about £12 a bottle.

My second favourite is vodka and red-bull. 2 double shots of vodka to half a can of red-bull. (i prefer smirnoff triple distilled, costs me about £15 a bottle). Thats about 33-37%.

Although, I've noticed cheap vodka (Vodkat and Chekov) which are usually around 22% dont actually get me drunk at all.
Been away, am back
Page 1 of 3