So I've been playing for a few days over 10 months... 5 days to be precise... and I was just wondering if I'm progressing well.

- Major, Minor, and Harmonic Minor scales in every key.
- Sweep picking... only 3 patterns though. Fastest I can go with this is about 160 bpm, 16th notes.
- Constant 16ths at 180bpm
- Pinch Harmonics are practically second nature to me now.

Just a few things I do......

I practice anywhere from 30 minutes to 7 hours a day, depending on how busy I am, but I'm always sure to get at least 30 minutes every day.

My practice schedules usually consists of going up and down the major scale in every key multiple times, improvising with the harmonic minor, or pentatonic scale for a while, and creating some riffs, maybe try to make a new song. Then end on sweep picking, triplets, sextuplets, and more scale runs. Sort of a cool down...

I don't know if I've said everything I need to... but yeah... how do you guys think I'm progressing?

Thanks

EDIT: Ah yes, All self taught.... Never taken lessons.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Last edited by Ryioku at Feb 5, 2007,
Watch out for pointy objects with an ego like that, you might pop.

But really: That's impressive.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
not bad i guess... considering the song in your myspace is kind of slopy
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
this is a frigen long song.... LOL Is that a metronome in the backround of the song!? haha... weiiird...
Quote by t.t deville
I have read somewere on the internet that Gibson Les Pauls are getting discontinued...is it true?
Quote by Andrewsonfire
not bad i guess... considering the song in your myspace is kind of slopy

Really, I've had to tell people this so many times... most of the sloppiness in there are due to the recording... it made it sound a bit muddy. Though some, like in the intro and outro, I will own up to, and I did miss a few notes here and there.

Sorry if that made me seem really egotistical... just believe me, I'm not. At all.

I plan on re-recording that song this weekend anyways.

EDIT: Haha, yeah that's a metronome... I forgot to take it out... that, and the sloppiness, and that weird effect that happens during the acoustic part (that i honestly have no idea how it happened... it wasnt me) are the reason's i'm re-recording it.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya