I'm contemplating getting new pickups for my Epi LP Special 2...go ahead and laugh, I get it a lot.

I'm thinking about getting a DiMarzio Super 3 Guitar bridge since what I'm playing usually involves a lot of gain/overdrive.

If you have any other suggestions PM me or just add onto the thread

thanks
2 words... Bareknuckle Nailbomb.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
2 words... Bareknuckle Nailbomb

Excellent pickup, but it's not really worth buying a pickup that cost more than the guitar...

If you play with lots of distortion just go for the Dimarzio Super Distortion - just make sure that you have a decent amp, otherwise you'll be extremely disappointed by the lack of improvement.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'd go with Evolutions. Or if you have a tube amp the X2N's MIGHT be worth a look. Its hard with pickups....your just going to have to do some research until you find what you think sounds good.
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die
I have a Crate FTX30...and it has built in effects so my overdrive pedal doesn't work all that great...is that a good enough amp to use the DM Super Distortion?
I wouldn't bother replacing the pickups, imo. If you bought a decent pickup set, you'd be spending almost as much as the guitar cost. For good pickups, I'd expect to spend about $90 for each (CDN). That's what mine cost each, Seymour Duncan JB and Lace TransBucker.
no