I can't figure out how to tune my guitar in differrent tune, when people write the tune of a song I can't figure out if I have to go up or down, so if someone could post a link or something or just explain it himself, I need it for about all the popular tuning people uses.
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.
use a guitar tuner LOLOLZZZZ and it usually tell you the tuning in a tab or else if it doesnt its most likely standard Eadgbe
Not too sure what you mean, but if you are taliking about tunings I think I can fake it...

If so, here are a few...
Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb = E Flat Tuning (Hendrix, SRV, etc.)
EBEG#BE = Open E (Allman Brothers, Derek Trucks, Bob Dylan, etc)
DADF#AD = Open D
EAEAC#E = ???? Led Zeppelin - In my time of dying and some White stripes
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Last edited by LEPIV at Feb 6, 2007,
Well hopefully the tab will say whether u tune the string up or down, but remember, tunings will rarely require you to tune up more than a semitone. Ive actually never seen a tuning that requires u to tune any string up more than a tone (id say there are some though). Just use common sense, I mean, if the tuning is CGCFAD...it makes sense that ur not gonna tune up to that...lol.
Quote by Furious Bob
I can't figure out how to tune my guitar in differrent tune, when people write the tune of a song I can't figure out if I have to go up or down, so if someone could post a link or something or just explain it himself, I need it for about all the popular tuning people uses.

you basically always want to tune either up or down based on which is closer to standard for the string. for instance, to get to drop D, you tune your low E string one step down instead of tuning it 5 steps up.

have a look at this thread for specific instructions for A LOT of different tunings...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340

if you have any more questions, post em back in here and i'll try to help you out.
thank you guys
Dreaming of freedom is easy to do
You have to fight and win but never lose.