so im gonna buy my buddy's peavey raptor plus for 80 bucks and i wanna make it into a junk guitar. i have my epi sg and i car about it to much to go crazy with it on stage. like play on my back, do bitch toss's, hit the symbols with the headstalk...you know be a showoff. so im gonna completly cover this thing in grey ductape. no i was wondering how i could get the ductape to stay down because i know it does after a while. and also im gonna put a dimebucker in at the bridge and i wont have any any other pickups so i was wondering how to fill the holes. i was thinking cutting peices of wood to shape and size and placing them in the holes. will this effect the tone/sustain? i am also in automotive shop at schol so im gonna build a floyed rose nut. i have a few ideas on how to do it but if abyone has suggestions feel free to post. it has awhammy bar and i was wanting to know if i would be able to put a floating trem in?? i kinda want it to be my metal guitar because i alredy have my SG for rock.

post away
Gear:
Epiphone SG Vintage
Digitech RP 100A
Kustom Quad 100 DFX
Washburn D10S Deluxe (electric acoustic)
duct tape?

that's......dumb, and do you play on a stage ever?, if not, no need for astage guitar right now, plus it would probably sound really bad, so you wouldnt want to playit for people anyway
Umm I duno about much of that but for filling the spare pup holes. Try cutting a piece of wood close enough and clue it in thereand then just fill the cracks around the edges/over the top to make it smooth.

I did it that way and just used auto body filler to fill the gaps. Worked okay for me.
Probably try and find the hardest wood you can get if you're worried about tone/sustain I guess.

Duct tape guitar sounds pretty deadly. Oh and I'm pretty sure lots of people will tell you the dimebucker sucks. I've seen it in loads of other threads but I've never heard one myself so I don't know.

EDIT: Haha sweet I totally got my guitar put in here! So yeah. That's how I did mine..
Doesn't the raptor have a pickguard?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
You, my friend... need to spell "headstalk" with a "stock"
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Oh and I'm pretty sure lots of people will tell you the dimebucker sucks. I've seen it in loads of other threads but I've never heard one myself so I don't know.

I'll be the first.
Don't get the Dimebucker. There are better pickups out there, and if you like Dimebag, buying that pickup would only be dancing on his grave. Go get a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, if you like his tone.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'll be the first.
Don't get the Dimebucker. There are better pickups out there, and if you like Dimebag, buying that pickup would only be dancing on his grave. Go get a Bill Lawrence L-500XL, if you like his tone.

yeah get the bill lawrence l-500xl its better than the dimebucker