So i was talking to a chick whos a friend of mine and she asked me if i was goin to homecoming. I said no cuz the music sucks i dont like dancing, the last 3 homecomings sucked and im not even gonna bother and that staying home and playing guitar was 100X better. She then said i need to spend less time playing guitar and more time hanging out w/ girls (hint or is she just calling me a loser?). I gave her an analogy that me quitting guitar would be 40 year old herion addict whose been shooting up since he was 10 trying to quit. She still doesnt get how much guitar means to me. So i ask you...Can a guitar obsession really be that bad?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
no, its a great passion. you don't have to be mr. socialite if you dont want.
Pfft, tell the bitch to go fuck herself. Guitar is one of the greatest things that man can do. I'd rather play guitar at home then try and up my social status seeing as I got a boyfriend, and that seems to be all that matters now among young people.
Those arguments are non-related. You can still play guitar and go to homecoming, you just don't want to. It has nothing to do with guitar.
Quote by nirvana4lf
no, its a great passion. you don't have to be mr. socialite if you dont want.

Yeah, im pretty social. I talk a lot and shit i just dont like dancing. Ive been to the past 3 homecoming w/ dates IMO they all sucked.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
haha, homecoming sucks, they always play shitty music, no matter what...but hey, if she wants you to go with her, why not take the opportunity??
Quote by The Casualty
Pfft, tell the bitch to go fuck herself. Guitar is one of the greatest things that man can do. I'd rather play guitar at home then try and up my social status seeing as I got a boyfriend, and that seems to be all that matters now among young people.

Haha, damn i wish some chicks up here played guitar . Oh well.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by Rise_Againstme!
haha, homecoming sucks, they always play shitty music, no matter what...but hey, if she wants you to go with her, why not take the opportunity??

Ya im an idiot and i didnt interprate it as that, i thought she was j/ calling me a loser cuz i play guitar all the time. Rise Against kicks ass BTW
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I'd say go to homecoming. If its your senior year, by which i think i can gather, go for it. Last time anyway.
go get her dude......he who hesitates, masturbates
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by excalibur672
I'd say go to homecoming. If its your senior year, by which i think i can gather, go for it. Last time anyway.

No, im a sophomore, hence why ive been to 3. (We have 2 a year)
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Ya im an idiot and i didnt interprate it as that, i thought she was j/ calling me a loser cuz i play guitar all the time. Rise Against kicks ass BTW

rise against kicks some major ass, have you seen them live?? ive seen them twice, awesome both times...plus now i know how to play almost all of their songs, i think im kinda obsessed...o well
Quote by silent caution

LOLLERCOASTER
Hi, I like pie.

¯\(º_o)/¯
Quote by Rise_Againstme!
rise against kicks some major ass, have you seen them live?? ive seen them twice, awesome both times...plus now i know how to play almost all of their songs, i think im kinda obsessed...o well

I wish i coulda seen em live. No fkn joke thou i bought all their cd's off of amazon and they came in and i had been listening to em for about a week. I went online found some tour dates and they were playing (Seattle) close to my hometown the NEXT DAY and the road was out cuz of flooding. Thats what i get for living in a fkn hole in a mountain. I was so pissed. Tickets were only like $12 too. I coulda drove down if teh fkn road wasnt 4 feet under water.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
I wish i coulda seen em live. No fkn joke thou i bought all their cd's off of amazon and they came in and i had been listening to em for about a week. I went online found some tour dates and they were playing (Seattle) close to my hometown the NEXT DAY and the road was out cuz of flooding. Thats what i get for living in a fkn hole in a mountain. I was so pissed. Tickets were only like $12 too. I coulda drove down if teh fkn road wasnt 4 feet under water.

that sucks, i live in the bay area, in california, we dont get good weather, we dont get bad weather...anyways, yea, ive got all their cds too...to bad you dont live around here, we could jam and cover a bunch of rise against songs
why dont you take your guitar to homecoming if you love it soo much! =P
Quote by IbanezSA160
I farted in class once, but that's about as close i've got to a sexual experience in school.

Quote by duncanxdonuts
B2daR2daA2daD you win at life

DEAR GAWD!!!
Quote by B2daR2daA2daD
why dont you take your guitar to homecoming if you love it soo much! =P

fkn a, then i could show that chick up and play guitar at the same time. lol
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Oh another thing, should i ask her to homecoming now or did i already blow it (i blew it didnt i?)
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by silent caution

silent caution you are my hero and i would be honored if you let me sig that...you are the greatest philosopher ever
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
Do you want this chick??? If so, ask her. If you don't, then don't ask her...in my experience, those things cost too damn much. Staying home and jamming would be better, unless you like her. If she is worth it, then go for it. Act quickly though!!! It is that simple man
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
tell her to shut up, and if she doesnt then stick the guitar up her right up to the 22nd fret and play the sweet child of mine solo
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
God! Any excuse to make a ****ing thread.
Tell her to suck your ****.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
I get that same crap from chicks alot, 'cause I never go to their parties. They accuse me of being anti-social and what not, I'm not anti-social, I just don't like parties that suck arse.
Don't waist all your time by yourself. Even though guitar is your passion, you gotta learn that spending time with other people is more fun than anything else you could possibly do. Even if you don't like dancing, go and hang out with your friends, just move around with the beat of the music, and don't be self conscious.
Quote by soul_power
Haha, damn i wish some chicks up here played guitar . Oh well.

i hear ya

and im not going to the homecoming or semi formal whatever you want to call it because yes the music does suck it's just a waste of money and time and guitar is a thousand times better than standing in a room with a bunch of people who don't understand what true music is.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by soul_power
So i was talking to a chick whos a friend of mine and she asked me if i was goin to homecoming. I said no cuz the music sucks i dont like dancing, the last 3 homecomings sucked and im not even gonna bother and that staying home and playing guitar was 100X better. She then said i need to spend less time playing guitar and more time hanging out w/ girls (hint or is she just calling me a loser?). I gave her an analogy that me quitting guitar would be 40 year old herion addict whose been shooting up since he was 10 trying to quit. She still doesnt get how much guitar means to me. So i ask you...Can a guitar obsession really be that bad?

10 bucks says you suck at guitar.

And that was a terrible analogy, because as I know, you are no where near the age of 40.
Man, it looks to me more like she wants you =\
I'd go even if it's just to catch chicks.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

stop trying to make people think your obessed with guitar, no one cares youll never be big and you prolly blow.
Quote by smokedajs420
stop trying to make people think your obessed with guitar, no one cares youll never be big and you prolly blow.

That was what they thought with Hendrix. With Page. With Dylan. With Cash.

Just Shut the **** up, and let him have his dreams. Putting someone down is causing them to lose motivation to make it.
Quote by Archaon

And that was a terrible analogy, because as I know, you are no where near the age of 40.

+1

When you're forty, you're going to regret how many things in life you didn't do, even if you are a 'rockstar'.
PLay the guitar 200x times more just as a hidden message for her to go **** herself
He probably only plays 2-3 hours a day and thinks he's "obsessed" just so he can brag about it.
I have a nice balance. I see friends every day and dedicate a few hours to guitar. You shoul go, it'll be fun. Just get drunk before it.
Quote by Archaon

Dude, who the FUCK are you to assume i suck at guiatar? When youre John Frusciante, Petrucci, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Alex Lifeson (Insert Famous Good Over Rated Guitarist Here). You can tell me i suck at guitar. But you havnt heard me play and youre already stereotyping. P.S u owe me ten bucks bitch. And i never said i was 40. Take the time to read it before you post dumb fuck. I dont go into your fuckin threads and make assumptions.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Don't go, if you say it will be boring you'll get bored.
Ask her out, and go to a good concert.
It's a positive addiction. Drugs, booze, cigs are all bad. Being obsessed with the guitar'll just make you better. If you keep hanging out with girls people will think you're gay anyway so keep on that six string.
Quote by soul_power
Oh another thing, should i ask her to homecoming now or did i already blow it (i blew it didnt i?)

Apologise at the same time?