whats up. me and my buddies wanna see if we can build a sick tube amp. it robably sounds dumb but we wanna ive it a shot. does any body know how we could go about doing this or where i can find info on how to build the sickest tube amp ever made. thanks alot, any suggestions will help.
Quote by dedguitar
whats up. me and my buddies wanna see if we can build a sick tube amp. it robably sounds dumb but we wanna ive it a shot. does any body know how we could go about doing this or where i can find info on how to build the sickest tube amp ever made. thanks alot, any suggestions will help.

*sigh* It sounds like you have absolutely no idea about electronics at all (if you do, sorry, it's just the way you came across).
I'm sure there's about 1241343124 threads on this already, use the magic of the search button.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah i have no idea about electronics lol its cool tho. we wanna build one anyways. thanks for the suggestion tho. seems like ur just out bashin threads tho. might wanna quit being a douche bag and offer some helpful advice.
Quote by dedguitar
yeah i have no idea about electronics lol its cool tho. we wanna build one anyways. thanks for the suggestion tho. seems like ur just out bashin threads tho. might wanna quit being a douche bag and offer some helpful advice.

I'm not bashing, I'm just trying to teach people not to give out bad advice.
But yeah, what forsaknazrael said. A Valve Jr would be an excellent way of starting out modding amps. Another bonus is they have bleeder resistors, so the likelihood of you killing yourself is SLIGHTLY reduced. Make sure you know how to drain caps before you even start looking at tube amps.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
Make sure you've checked and double checked how to do things safely, though, before you do anything. Even when unplugged, a tube amp can still be dangerous.

Just ask LuthierOfTexas, he got a few hundred volts off his VJ not so long ago
You`re gonna fail...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by the_random_hero
Just ask LuthierOfTexas, he got a few hundred volts off his VJ not so long ago

i got a few hundred off mine. i got lucky, it had been sitting unplayed and unplugged for a day, so it didn't kill me, but it still felt really wierd. i thought someone had walked up behind me and jumped on me.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!