Alright guys. Finally i made up my mind what guitar I want.
I'm gonna go with the PRS SE guitars. I've read so many reviews and I tried out my buddies PRS and "wow!"

So here are my three choices:
PRS SE custom
PRS SE singlecut
PRS SE standard

I play everything. Breaking Benjamin, Chili peppers, Jack Johnson, Lifehouse, Metallica..etc.

I also don't care about the whammy bar.
It's not necessarily the dog in the fight, it's the FIGHT in the DOG
go with the custom. besides the fact its better, they make a fixed bridge version
Signatures are overrated.
I'd say custom but personally i prefer the shape of the singlecut
if you got nothing good to say say nothing at all.
Custom in the blackish colour
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Why don't you try all those out yourself? WE can't make the decision for which guitar is best for you.
Sent from my iPad.
I feel the need to throw in my opinion. I tried the SE standard and was not impressed at all. The action wasn't fast and it felt like an epiphone les paul to me. I heard great things about the Custom though. If i were to put my money on it....I would most likely bet on the Custom. Guitar World magazine has an article on this guiat....Either Semptember 06 or October 2006. Check it out
I played a custom 22 at a music shop not to long ago. The action is extremely fast and its good to play things like blues, all the way to things like metal. Its pretty versatile and I would highly reconmend it.
Go for the custom Man!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Singlecut

All of the SE Customs and Standards that I've played have felt poorly made and almost toy-like.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Singlecut for me. I've played most of the SE line, and the Singlecut is second only to the Santana.
Okay. Not that i'm gonna get the custom just because all of you said it, but i'm gonna go check em out and i'm gonna have the custom on higher ground in my head just cause all of you said it was the best one.

Btw, what makes the custom the best out of these 3?..or possibly all the SE guitars
I loved the look of the custom but the singlecut played better when I tried em both out.

The sound quite different really but its hard to put into words, your best bet, as you've said, is to go try em.
k Cool.

What should i look at when i buy a guitar? Because i only have 1 electric guitar and that's from 8th grade! I ordered it online. It was the ibanez beginners pack.

What's up with the Fat neck that the prs is famous for? Is it hard to play it?
Custom seems t be the way to go, I prefer the custom personally and the single cut in a close second. play them for yourself blah blah blah blah... good luck.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Don't bother w/ PRS. Get a Carvin. Every tone you could ask for and the sexiest damn guitars you'll ever see.
I'm hungry.
Seconded^^^
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
If I were you, I'd get a single cut, but i'm not you..

Try them all out, and sleep on it.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at Feb 6, 2007,
If all you've played is the Ibanez starter pack then anything you pick up in the shop thats in the PRS SE price range is going look, feel & sound amazing. (well most of them anyway)

The problem is, when you take it home and plug it into the 10W amp you have its going to sound like shit.

If you bought a decent amp you'd get much more, tone wise, using your existing guitar than you would with any decent guitar plugged into a starter amp. Its something you need to consider.

Then again, for the price of the SE Custom you could get yourself a decent small tube amp and a strat.

In the UK PRS SE Custom's go for about £450. For not much more you could get something like this;

Fender Standard Strat (2006 upgrade) = £289

Epiphone Valve Special 5W = £189

Not a bad rig for less than 500 quid. And you would be amazed by the difference in tone to your existing set up.
yeah im planning on buying an amp too. Possibly from the pawn shop? Or possibly a roland cube or the g-dec. What do yall think
I played one of the newer PRS McCarty's today...about had to cry over how perfect it was..

anyways...not a fan of the SE line...so Idk lol.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I played one of the newer PRS McCarty's today...about had to cry over how perfect it was..

anyways...not a fan of the SE line...so Idk lol.

I've always wanted to buy a PRS but the cheapest one i can get is a SE