what is a great distortion peddle for $250au..
because i am looking to buy one and im not sure what is a good one, because i use my crappy amps overdrive button... believe me it sounds crap..

i want somthing that can play a range of distortions from avenged sevenfold to zz top..

thanks
ehx metal muff maybe?
im not to sure of the AUS exahcnge rates tho so i dunno what htat is in aussie money
yeah i love mine
much better than the boss metal zone
and dont be put off by the metal name, it can do blues/rock/fuzz etc
but go and try it out before you buy, always do that.
and also what amp do you have?
I'd go for Boss if you're dishing out that sort of cash.

Either a DS-1 or DS-2, i have a DS-2 and personally didn't like it until i ran it through a big amp and could get the real sounds i wanted out of it =P. But personally i'd say a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, it's got a great low end and good high's generally through whatever amp you run it.

But the best thing to do is go down to the local guitar stores and try out a few decent pedals, it's the best way to figure out what sound you want
Metal Muffs run for about $160-$180 out here, you should definitely consider trying one out.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Just checking Ebay, you can get a Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive/Distortion shipped out here for around $200, from a store you'd be looking at $250-$300
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
it's quite expensive, but it's the best i've tried. also better than those 400$ tube pedals(those suck bad actually, too harsh and very little distortion)
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
What amp have you got - if it's really crappy then a pedal won't help that much.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^Exactly. The amp will lead you more to the sound you want.

For a distortion pedal, look at a DS-1 or DS-2. Not a Metal Zone, they suck.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
^Exactly. The amp will lead you more to the sound you want.
Not a Metal Zone, they suck.

amen
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
i have an ashton amp at the moment its a ga50... cause im shit broke lol