hey guys, i am looking into upgrading my cables (yeah i know it's not a big deal but still) and I was wondering what some good ones are but they can't be too expensive like not more than $40 or $50. I just need some about 20 foot guitar cables and just 1 or 2 of 'em but i want them to be very good and durable not cheap pieces of crap, maybe low noise ones or whatever. please help me out thanks.
no cables can be a big deal, they can completely renovate your tone
and until you can afford some monster cables, id go for planet waves
what are monster cables? how much would they cost? I went to planetwaves.com and checked out their cables. I like what I see but I don't really know what to get and I don't want to order the wrong thing cause they cost like 40-50 bucks. My first idea would be to go with this one http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=DADPW-G-20/421.0.16813.16090.16814.16815.0 which is just a 20' mono instrument cable. There was another one that is dual mono instrument and I don't know what that means so if you do please tell me. Or if you know a better cable than the one listed above then please let me know that as well. Thank you.

EDIT: Here is another cable from planetwaves that is nickel plated I think (the other being gold plated, does that make a difference in sound or anything?) http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=DADPW-CGT-20/421.0.16813.16090.16814.7311.0 would this one be okay to get? This one is $19.00 and the gold plated one is like $34.00 I think.
Last edited by Amped at Feb 6, 2007,
i bought planet waves cables and I am happy with them. They are gold plated and have a switch on them which can cut off the signal if need me....the best for if the phone rings(i know you have a volume nob BUT!!!! you don't get any white noise when you use the switch)...if i can only remember what they were called....hmmm...? The looked silver and had gold plated male jacks....
Vox vintage premium coiled guitar cable. I ordered this last week, but it was backordered, so I am waiting

$29.95 for 9 meters.
Ben
I'm not fussed on PW.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
can anyone help me out with that question above? post #3? thanks guys
Ear Candy cables. Cheaper than Monster and better. Hope I'm not sued for that last comment.