Hello UG. I have recently been looking into getting a pedal board, sort of a briefcase kind of one too. I play live shows and have a dunlop crybaby wah, a boss distortion pedal, a boss digital delay pedal, a chorus pedal, and a tuner pedal. I don't really have any idea about these pedal boards or how much they cost but any information or sites or pics or whatever is appreciated. Thanks.
They're expensive, build your own.
If you want to make one in a briefcase, just find an old briefcase that's deep enough so you can close the lid, then measure the space inside, cut a piece of plywood with those measurements, cover it with velcro and stick your pedals on it.
Done.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I've always liked these pedalboards, and you can get them with hard cases as well.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
okay Pleiadian...I have a couple more questions for you now if you are able to answer them:

1. I would like to be able to build my own board but it has to come with a padded briefcase or whatever. I could probably find the case I'm looking for somewhere but I don't want my pedal board to look all cheesy and crap. I want it to look pretty much like this one I think http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-POWERED-PEDALBOARD-POWERS-UP-TO-6-PEDALS_W0QQitemZ110087183893QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41412QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Do you know what supplies I would need besides the bag to do that?

2. Does there need to be holes in the bag for the cables to go through or do they just go over the edge when unzipped?

3. What is a good type of wood to use as the actual board? I know plywood is cheap but is it reliable/durable? If not then what is?

4. What type of material would I use to cover the wood? All I know is that it would have to be black...

5. Is there anything complicated I have to do with the velcro or anything...Yeah I know this sounds like a retarted question but I really don't want to mess anything up on this.

I think that's probably about all the questions I can think of right now but if you have anymore information that I need to know then please tell me. Thanks a lot Pleiadian.
1. First off, that pedalboard is really ugly in my opinion, you could make something much nicer.

2. If I were you I'd get a HARD briefcase and make some holes in the back for the cables to run through, it'll look much more professional.

3. You can use any wood you want, it's really not that important.

4. Here's where you have many options. You can paint the wood black and then just put velcro in specific spots where you want the pedals to be, or you can cover the entire thing with velcro (what I did) so then you can put your pedals anywhere you want, you could drill holes in the bottom and attach the pedals with screws (That would be killer), etc. etc.

5. There's nothing complicated, just put the loop side of the velcro on the board and the hook side on the pedals. Some people even use carpet instead of the loop side if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck, if you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
Quote by Pleiadian
just put the loop side of the velcro on the board and the hook side on the pedals.

I've got a question, is there any reason why the loop side has to be on the board..? Because if the hook side is on the pedals, and for whatever reason you'd want to take the pedals off and use them without the pedal board say on carpet, it would stick, wouldn't it?
Quote by Romeo.
I've got a question, is there any reason why the loop side has to be on the board..? Because if the hook side is on the pedals, and for whatever reason you'd want to take the pedals off and use them without the pedal board say on carpet, it would stick, wouldn't it?

That wouldn't be a bad thing
And secondly I think the hook side grabs dust and crap off of the floor a lot more, so if you have that side on the pedalboard it'll be covered with hair and stuff in a week!
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
I'd suggest using carpet to cover the pedalboard. You should be able to get a big enough piece for a pedalboard for virtually nothing from the scrap bin. Just bring your velcro (attached to a pedal, preferrably) to the store and find a piece that it sticks to.
Get a mixer case off Ebay. $50 buys you the best pedalboard you could ever ask for.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i was thinking about just making my own now and i'm trying to get some help with it because I have no real idea where to start even after reading a bunch of threads about it. If you think you can help me please PM me with the details or whatever. Thanks guys.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Coffin-Case-Black-Kross-SK110-Pedalboard?full_sku=103032264 This is what I bought and it works and looks good. I got them down to $75.00 USD on it. I thought about building my own, but, it just wasn't worth the hassle for something that might not turn out right. About using a briefcase, the lid would need to come off somehow when you open it, I would think.