Page 1 of 4
ok, Im not too sure why the previous thread got closed so if its something like they arent metal I will delete this..(but if they arent metal what bands are...)

anyway, we will just pretend Inflames didnt release Come Clarity despite it been half decent album, but we have our reasons. So in this Thread Come Clarity was never released!!

Did many see them at the Unholy Allience? ..and think they sucked! I did..
i saw them at unholy alliance but Jesper wasn't playing.. so they had a roadie playing instead..
p.s. i saw them last april in manchester and they were incredible then.

With UA though.. i thought children of bodom put the rest to shame. Especially Slayer.. how many mistakes did they make on seasons in the abyss?! i felt like saying.. give it here... *tut tut* this is how you play it.. spaks!
no matter if the new albums dance away from metal, the old albums remain metal.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i love come clarity.. that album got me into InFlames. Soundtrack to your escape was awful apart from about 4 excellent songs on it.
Quote by joel_grieve
no matter if the new albums dance away from metal, the old albums remain metal.

Amen
In flames pwn. period.

they are in my top 6 favourite metal bands. I still get chills when I listen to their older albums.
they are soooooooooo good.

*orgasms*
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Best melodic death band, by far.

Those to deny the awesomeness of Embody The Invisible should run into a spike.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang

ahh.. you haven't listened to Children of Bodom then.

CoB > IF > all others...
Quote by p2fyre

CoB > IF > all others...

I like CoB, I'm actually wearing a CoB hoodie right now but they're definately not better than In Flames...

The Jester Race owns me
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Great band. These guys and CoB got me into metal. O_o
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think the whole CoB or Inflames thing is an entire discussion on its own. I love them both though.. both in my top 5 favourite bands
I just listened to Norther for the first time.. I was quite impressed. Definitely not better than InFlames but it was decent.

Is there any other bands anyone can recommend that's that kinda style. Melodic Death Metal
Last edited by p2fyre at Feb 6, 2007,
Quote by p2fyre

CoB > IF > all others...

Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Nah. I think In Flames > CoB interms of actually writing good songs. Every CoB song sound exactly the same to me and Alexi's vox kill the mood for me. He's pretty good at teh guitarz0rz, but meh.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by p2fyre

CoB > IF > all others...

imo a good few CoB's most popular riffs were done by In Flames.

I listen to both bands quite alot, especially early In Flames before they were getting noticed and alot of those riffs were used by CoB. of course Im not saying that CoB arent brilliant but it was ironic when they were on the same tour!

maybe if Alexi would sing better and a few other factors they could be compared to In Flames, but not yet.
Quote by duncang

FOR WHICH IS WRITTEN IN THE SHINING SILENCE, WE ALL HAVE TO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

BTW, Mors Principum Est and Wintersun > In Flames, but they're the only two melodeath bands I prefer.
I used to like IF but I got bored of them pretty fast. Now I really can't stand them.
COB > IF for me.
Quote by duncang

I really like In Flames. Their last 3 albums not so much but I still enjoyed them. By far my favorite songs, probably top songs is Jotun. That song would make me cream even if I was looking at old people doin' it
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Agreed, Mors Principium Est>In Flames. Even their older stuff. In Flames is awesome, which shows just how much MPE owns. Mind-blowing melodeath.

But In Flames is still great, all the stuff up to about Colony was awesome, after that it went sort of downhill. Still pretty good, but not enough riffage and too much emphasis on choruses. CC is still a shitload better than RtR and StYE though. Actually sort of sounds like old In Flames.

BTW. What is it with all this bashing of Whoracle I've seen around the net? Are people really that blind to not be able to see the kickass riffs of that album and to concentratre on the average drumming?
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Last edited by mike130 at Feb 6, 2007,
Jester Race is melo death legend. When I think melodic death metal, I automatically think IF. Colony and Whoracle are my favorite albums though. But all of their early work is completely amazing.
They did just like Metallica, from a kickass band to a hard rock mediocre one.

There's ton of better melodic stuff right now anyways like:

1)Kalmah
2)Into Eternity
3)Insomnium
4)Quo Vadis
5)Arsis

Etc....
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by mike130
Agreed, Mors Principium Est>In Flames. Even their older stuff. In Flames is awesome, which shows just how much MPE owns. Mind-blowing melodeath.

But In Flames is still great, all the stuff up to about Colony was awesome, after that it went sort of downhill. Still pretty good, but not enough riffage and too much emphasis on choruses. CC is still a shitload better than RtR and StYE though. Actually sort of sounds like old In Flames.

BTW. What is it with all this bashing of Whoracle I've seen around the net? Are people really that blind to not be able to see the kickass riffs of that album and to concentratre on the average drumming?

I agree, Whoracle is my favorite album in my opinion.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
i've only heard the last 4-5 in flames albums. Which albums are the best out of the old stuff?

If it's better than CoB i need to download it.. NOW
i also agree, whoracle is a fantastic album. very melodic. i didn't ever noticed the 'sub-par' drumming.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by p2fyre
i've only heard the last 4-5 in flames albums. Which albums are the best out of the old stuff?

If it's better than CoB i need to download it.. NOW

THe Jester Race is possibly my favourite 'tis awsome or maybe whoracle that's pretty good
I dun mind em. But when it comes to Gothenburg... I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Anything In Flames does, Dark Tranquillity does better.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I dun mind em. But when it comes to Gothenburg... I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Anything In Flames does, Dark Tranquillity does better.

I disagree, I mean Dark Tranquility are great but they dont have those "staple" songs like In Flames does.

I love in flames, so good. Recently, started listening to them at disgusting amounts not long ago.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
I really like In Flames. Their last 3 albums not so much but I still enjoyed them.

Yeah they went thru a shit period when they were changin, adding in more sound effects etc. but they surrvived!!
i saw them in "sounds of the underground" and they were really good in concert i though!!!!! there on my top 5 fav. bands for sure!!!
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.
Miles Davis
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I love in flames, so good. Recently, started listening to them at disgusting amounts not long ago.

Yeah I know! I took a break now Im back again!!
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I disagree, I mean Dark Tranquility are great but they dont have those "staple" songs like In Flames does.

Indeed.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Page 1 of 4