Page 1 of 2
What do most people where you listen to, cos where I come from it's either rave or rap. People who listen to rock music are just outcasts where I come from, so any time I'm out I get shouted HIPPY by at least 10 different people. So what's the most popular music where you are?
I don't have a sig
70's/General classic rock.

Sounds like a good deal, right? After hearing Zeppelin and the like in every single radio station, every day, for years, it really ruins it for you (I used to be an avid fan, now I'm just sick of it)
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Well, considering I live in Essex i'd assume mostly 'rap' and other MTV related rubbish. However, within my circle and the places I goto, its mostly rock, metal, grunge and some indie. Now a lot of that 'pop rock/indie' stuff is really popular too, and I'd even say its just as popular as rap/new RnB etc.
rap n rnb that sort of shit.. there is alot of country by the older ppl around here tho
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
POPULAR in my area?

Mostly country, rap, hip hop, some pop (Fergie, Black Eyed Peas, all that shit), and some mainstream, 90s, and alt. rock. Emo's KINDA big, there aren't any REALY emos out here, you have the people with different colored hair and all, with some of the black stuff, but they're just being them, none of them are really emo (I know them all in a school of around 650, it's not hard to talk to them. )

There are some great metalheads, but they're greatly overshadowed by the others.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Actually I'm not sure... A month ago everybody loved emo, but now people hate it... so i would guess Hip Hop and Rock
Popular?
Mainstream rap n' hip hop crap.
Shitty psychedelic trances (I'm not talking about House or Dance that at least has a melody. I'm talking about fuucking loop that lasts 5 minutes and people call it music).
Mizrahit (Oriental music).
Shitty Israeli rap.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Country
Rap/hip-hop
mainstream rock (fallout boy, red jumpsuit apparatus, shit like that)
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Quote by Aaron-Maiden
You lucky bastards don't have Rave to deal with!

I do. It fuckin sucks and its why I rearly go out with my friends at the weekends.
Quote by Aaron-Maiden

dude, do not diss ravers!

people around here listen to everything, seriously. although in this particular part of essex (squished between two council estates and a row of posh houses) that crappy chav music is predominant.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Where I come from, most people are idiots who have atrociously bad musical taste. That is, if you want to refer to as music, to the annoying spectrum of dissonant sounds ranging from gangsta hip-hop to pop and dance.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Oh yeah, well, I have to mention all the horrible club music as well. I mean, how on earth can a normal person listen to a ****ing loop for 10 minutes?!
for rent
I love my local radio station, they play classic rock NON STOP, and all the ones you like and none of the ones you cant stand... like Meatloaf

Planet rock on DAB radio is pretty cool too, although they tend to play the same song 4 times in a day
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by CowboyUp
What is "chav music"?

UM TIS UM TIS UM TIS UM TIS UM TIS UM TIS
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
where i come from its about 1/3 rap, 1/3 emo/screamo and 1/3 indie.

all the local bands have this thing about "combining together classic rock with modern rock" though.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Most of the students in my block are into indie/electronica/dance.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Little bit of everything. Mostly rap/pop, but there are little circles of metalcore kids, indie kids, and emo kids. Most guys just listen to whatever music is on the radio, which is cool because it is fun to dance to rap/pop songs.
Quote by Aaron-Maiden

I pity you.

And not for the obvious reason.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Pop, hip hop, R&B, green day related stuff...ehh. There are only 4 metalheads at my school o_O
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Indie, emo, and hardcore.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Rap, Dance and all that shit with the teenagers.
Traditional irish music is generally accepted by all except the above.
Loads like rock and stuff.. like RHCP etc.

Then theres the minority that have interest in punk/metal/emo/grunge etc.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
dunno
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
in my school its mostly:
enter shikari/bring me the horzion and other such screamo bands.
bloc party/the strokes etc.

and thats about it.
im a minority! haha
Top lel.
What's indie? I mean, I know, but what do you people mean?

Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys etc.? Or what? The Killers?
for rent
Most of the people at my school don't listen to just one thing...but...

Pop-punk, emo, are quite popular, as is rap and dance music...

HOWEVER...I live in southwest Ohio: smackdab in the middle of the ****ing blue-collar bible belt.

Country and christian music is quite popular....and it makes me sick.

Albeit we have our little scenester/hardXcore/straightXedge cult as well, but they're outcast even from outcasts....I'm the only "true metalhead" so to speak. Though most of my friends like DragonForce.
I'm from St. Louis, so it's mainly blues, but there is a lot of jazz as well.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
reggae dub seems to be quite popular in NZ but I've been in London for the past 7 months and it's all Indie here
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Page 1 of 2