Hi everyone, this is my first post here so I should say hi first.

I'm getting back into guitaring (for the 3rd friggin time) and I just got myself a Godin Detour. Should I have them set it up for me before I pick it up or will it be fine already? I've actually never had a guitar setup for me at a shop cos back in the day when I played, I was young and did everything myself figuring I could do just as well as anyone else

Thanks!
I'd say if it feels comfortable for you to play, let it be. It all depends on the action you like. I like mine as low as possible...when I buy a new guitar I have them set it up as low as possible right away.
Spending a little money on a good setup right away saves from alot of frustration in the future.
You shouldn't have to pay for it.

I don't know where you're from wherermykeys but here in the UK most places will let you take the guitar home and then bring it back after a month if you don't like the way its set up.

Ask them.
Quote by Free
You shouldn't have to pay for it.

I don't know where you're from wherermykeys but here in the UK most places will let you take the guitar home and then bring it back after a month if you don't like the way its set up.

Ask them.

For sure, if you buy a guitar, setup should be included. Like free said, just ask.

Just make sure the neck is straight and when you get a chance to play it for a while check the intonation with a digital tuner. Make sure the open note of each string matches the note on the 12th fret to the T. If the pitch goes off take it back and have them fix it. I just got my les paul setup not too long ago and you'll be amazed at the difference even if it just a bit off.
ok, thanks guys, I'll ask if a setup is included and ifs its not, I'll make sure everything is good at home before I bring it back.