How do I transfer some of my songs on my laptop onto my dad's computer? We're both through the same internet connection, me via wireless card.

Help.

Thanks.
E-mail.

DC++.

Flash memory stick.

or

Crossover cable.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Archaon
Torrents?
Shared folders?

I was thinkin I could do it through a shared folder, but the shared folder on my laptop and on my dad's computer don't seem to be connected in any way...

Maybe I'll try the cable if I don't get any better suggestions in a few minutes.
Quote by halfback_712
you guys are pathetic

Like I'm gonna help you now...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
on a somewhat related note...when i try to transfer my music from my desktop to my laptop it will only let me transfer songs that i downloaded, NOT songs that i copied onto my computer from a cd. anyone know why this is or how to change it?
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by 2lazy2getbetter
on a somewhat related note...when i try to transfer my music from my desktop to my laptop it will only let me transfer songs that i downloaded, NOT songs that i copied onto my computer from a cd. anyone know why this is or how to change it?

how do you transfer the downloaded ones?
Quote by halfback_712
how do you transfer the downloaded ones?

i have them in a folder that i have set to be shared on my network and i can access that folder wirelessly from my laptop.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by 2lazy2getbetter
i have them in a folder that i have set to be shared on my network and i can access that folder wirelessly from my laptop.

damnit, I wish I oculd do that, but for some reason it won't work.
Quote by halfback_712
you guys are pathetic

Are you fucking retarded or just bent on attracting flaming?

I gave you FOUR different solutions. Do I have to spell them out in baby language? This isn't technical support. Use Google ffs if you want a more ellaborate answer or instructions on what to do specifically, it's how everyone learns, by documenting and doing. Laaaazy...
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
ok, I hace a cable plugged into the laptop USB port and the computers USB port. Now what do i do?
Are you fucking retarded or just bent on attracting flaming?

I gave you FOUR different solutions. Do I have to spell them out in baby language? This isn't technical support. Use Google ffs if you want a more ellaborate answer or instructions on what to do specifically, it's how everyone learns, by documenting and doing. Laaaazy...

dude you took that the wrong way.

You guys have great suggestions, they just didn't work for me. I said you guys were pathetic because i went like 20 minutes without any more posts lol.
Quote by halfback_712
dude you took that the wrong way.

You guys have great suggestions, they just didn't work for me. I said you guys were pathetic because i went like 20 minutes without any more posts lol.

Heh. That MIGHT be because hooking a USB cable between two computers doesn't make a network. Just upload them to your damned hotmail and email them to yourself. Wow, that was hard, wasn't it?
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
Heh. That MIGHT be because hooking a USB cable between two computers doesn't make a network. Just upload them to your damned hotmail and email them to yourself. Wow, that was hard, wasn't it?

that would work for a couple songs, but he also wants me to upload a couple of my games, and a couple that he wants are over a gig. I donm't think im gonna email him a gig.
set up an ftp server on your laptop and have your dad's pc connect to it. FTW
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
You need to install some protocol stuff in your connection settings.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Make a folder on his desktop thats accessable [spwhateverr] via the entire network, then drag and drop the files on your laptop into that folder.

My network places>> the folder
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
My Network Places > Entire Network

Create a folder. Copy your files into it, and voila! You're done.