post your recipes or just anything yummy you can make in the kitchen here

Last week made some corned beef, it was kinda tedious but well worth it. Actually it was pretty simple, just takes a looong time to make. I bought ready made meat curing mixture, let the beef brisket soak in the brine for a few days, boil it, and you get corned beef!

it turned out just a tad salty and not fork tender, but probably because i wasnt slicing it correctly.

here's a corned beef sandwich pic for you (with a pickle in the middle)
corned beef sandwich
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
1 get 2 slices of white millbrooks bread out of the breadbox
2 using your hands, place them side by side in an unconventional toaster oven
3 prepare the unconventional toaster oven to the 4th dial
4 press othe on button using your index finger
5 if you hear a click, you did it correctly
6 now strut over to the fridge
7 open using your forearms and hand
8 search for the reduced fat i cant believe it nots butter! margerine
9 take it out using your hands. Be careful to not drop it! BUTTERFINGERS!
10 remove the lid.
11 using a knife, scoop some butter out of the tray
12 *ding* the toast is ready!
13 Walk over and using your hands, open the unconventional toaster oven and remove the toast. Careful it will be hot!
14 bring the toast over to the butter. Using the knife you used to scoop some butter out, 15 spread gently over the toast.
16. now bring it up to your mouth and take a bite
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
1 get 2 slices of white millbrooks bread out of the breadbox
2 using your hands, place them side by side in an unconventional toaster oven
3 prepare the unconventional toaster oven to the 4th dial
4 press othe on button using your index finger
5 if you hear a click, you did it correctly
6 now strut over to the fridge
7 open using your forearms and hand
8 search for the reduced fat i cant believe it nots butter! margerine
9 take it out using your hands. Be careful to not drop it! BUTTERFINGERS!
10 remove the lid.
11 using a knife, scoop some butter out of the tray
12 *ding* the toast is ready!
13 Walk over and using your hands, open the unconventional toaster oven and remove the toast. Careful it will be hot!
14 bring the toast over to the butter. Using the knife you used to scoop some butter out, 15 spread gently over the toast.
16. now bring it up to your mouth and take a bite

Teh Pwnage
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Step 1: Open cupboard
Step 2:Pick up food
Step 3: Eat.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
^
i cant =(

edit: that sandwich pic omg ¬¬, thats what i call huge, im a fat guy and i dont see myself eating half of that, youll probably have a heart atack one hour after you eat both
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Last edited by the_extremist00 at Feb 6, 2007,
Well this thread was a succes. Most poeple on the site are what? 13-16 and male. Hardly anybody like that cooks.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
dont be sad, cooking if for girls only, at leats something, if men started to cook then girls would have no use other than sex

and the pit is full of sick...sick sexist men
---

---
and when you go to restaurants, who's in the kitchen cooking?
Quote by the_extremist00
if men started to cook then girls would have no use other than sex

and the pit is full of sick...sick sexist men

im a chef by trade so i can cook quite a lot of stuff, and im male as are almost every professional chef i know personally or have met, and really culinary skills have nothing to do with your gender. plus i bet half the guys on here have a big mac or a whopper make-up imprinted on their retina from their jobs lol. i have considered trying to make a thread like this, but didn't really think it'd take on UG. good luck anyway, and you'll need if all your sandwiches look like that piece of crap...
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
i once went into a restaurant kitchen it was full of fat old ladies, i bet they krnow 10thousand recipes for all kinds of stuff

still i just prefer to scream a girl to cook for me, than sit down and eat
thats a major role for girls, to suport their man, its the major thing in a family, raise the children, wash the dishes, do the cooking, girls PWN see ?

man just sit in front of a computer and say stupid things on an not-so-smart thread in a guitar forum

edit: a lot of typos, im drunk XD
---

---
Last edited by the_extremist00 at Feb 6, 2007,
you've never tried reuben sandwiches??

you should go to katz's and buy some
Quote by Tim_Orme_Esq
im a chef by trade so i can cook quite a lot of stuff, and im male as are almost every professional chef i know personally or have met, and really culinary skills have nothing to do with your gender. plus i bet half the guys on here have a big mac or a whopper make-up imprinted on their retina from their jobs lol. i have considered trying to make a thread like this, but didn't really think it'd take on UG. good luck anyway, and you'll need if all your sandwiches look like that piece of crap...

what kinda stuff do you cook?
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
what kinda stuff do you cook?

well the restaurant i work at is modern British cooking with seasonal ingredients, locally sourced wherever possible. its expensive and high end for the city i live in, and generally considered to be one of the greatest in the county. i only work a smaller amount of hours because of school and other commitments and i'm only 18 so don't set the menus or anything, but i do love to cook. I do the bulk of my cooking outside of work as a hobby and often cook for friends/family and gf etc, and a range of stuff depending on season, available ingredients etc. also being a lazy teenager/bit of a perfectionist dont even get started on sandwiches!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Honey and Mustard Chicken Salad.

Mix Dijon Mustard and some runny Sweet Honey together with a small part of Olive Oil mix them by taste, if you want a sweeter sauce increase the ratio to be in favour of honey and if you want a more spicy tangy taste then increase the ratio to be in favour of mustard.

Slice a chicken breast into strips and fry until cooked through,
coat the chicken in the dress and serve on a bed of Lettuce mixed with Sweet Corn and Grated Carrot.
my friend just opened a katz style deli and he asked if im interested to work there. im still considering, i've worked at a bar before but i guess it would be a wholly different experience working in the kitchen with the heat and all. But then again all his deli serves are deli meat sandwiches and at most, the heat would be from the steamer.i dunno.

how was your first few days as a cook?
Quote by Draken
Slice a chicken breast into strips and fry until cooked through,
coat the chicken in the dress..

wouldnt the chicken breast soak the dressing better if you fry it whole first, then slice it?
I was a trainee chef for a while but i was getting screwed over with my wages and tips so i quit because i wasn't getting a qualification it was just better than washing up.
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
wouldnt the chicken breast soak the dressing better if you fry it whole first, then slice it?

that's how i did it and it turned out ok.
i just baked victoria sponge doodz. I covered it in chocolate :P
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
LOL, this thread is ancient and looks dead, but I thought i'd ressurect rather than open new.

I had a tuna steak today, tasted ok, but a bit bland.

anyone know how to make the taste a little more interesting?
Salad cream

I'm a terrible cook but I'm good at baking. I suck at making actual meals. Odd. I have to make some more cookies when I get some free time =D
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Salad cream

I'm a terrible cook but I'm good at baking. I suck at making actual meals. Odd. I have to make some more cookies when I get some free time =D

It's hot tho, salad cream might just taste funny. Would probably work with cold stuff tho.
Spicy bean meal

Baked beans+kidney beans+chopped onion+tinned tomato+tabasco sauce+herbs+lots of chilli.

Serve in a bowl with pitta.