Page 1 of 2
Metalica are not my favroite band, but i was starting to like them more and more .... then asa i was flicking through the music channels i cane acros a song my kid rock, "American Bad ass" and i recognised the metalica backing track. As a result they have now lost ALL respect that they ever had with me. How did they let this happen.

RIP Metalica's Pride
When James Hetfeild broke his back on their 2000 world tour and Kid Rock nsang for them and wrote a song based on sad but true and thats how the peice of shit american bad ass came into being
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Last edited by METSOAD at Feb 6, 2007,
dnt care if i get uber-flamed for this. but i like kid rock, and this track is beltin
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Yeah whether or not u like kid rock as a person/musician, his music has become pretty good hard rock wise
Quote by music man
Metalica are not my favroite band, but i was starting to like them more and more .... then asa i was flicking through the music channels i cane acros a song my kid rock, "American Bad ass" and i recognised the metalica backing track. As a result they have now lost ALL respect that they ever had with me. How did they let this happen.

RIP Metalica's Pride

You're a ****ing idiot

You dislike music you think sounds good based on other people who have used it?

I don't like the lyrics of that song - who really gives a shit if Kid Rock likes AC/DC and ZZ Top?

EDIT: ^Alright, no cencorship!
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
So you're pissed off about a song that came out when you were about seven, by a band you've only recently started liking?

That's like me being pissed that Hendrix is dead.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by music man

RIP Metalica's Pride

Metallica lost that after the Release of St. Anger. Thats if they ever had any to begin with. Which, come to think of it, is doubtful.

Anyways, has anyone heard anything about their new album "St. Angrier" ?
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Kid Rock killed Metallica?

Kid Rock owns Metallica.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

wait, metallica had pride?
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Quote by tossup
wait, metallica had pride?

Nice.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by music man
nope tbh i disliked it anyway.

but kid rock made the song worse, not juct by being kid rock! he got rid of the only good thing about that song, the good guitar solo.

Ah, I thought you said Metallica were one of your favourite bands

My bad
No, Metallica Killed Metallica.

They lost their pride when Some Kind of Monster came out.
Metallica lost their pride when f'in LOAD came out, don't get me wrong i enjoy some of the music from load and later, but compare load to puppets and its freaking pathetic, changing their sound to match the times, and then suprise!!!! they do it again with st. anger, using barritone guitars, no solos, un-produced sound. bastards. and yes i like kid rock too
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
Quote by Randy_Rhoads44
Metallica lost their pride when f'in LOAD came out, don't get me wrong i enjoy some of the music from load and later, but compare load to puppets and its freaking pathetic, changing their sound to match the times, and then suprise!!!! they do it again with st. anger, using barritone guitars, no solos, un-produced sound. bastards. and yes i like kid rock too

Well said (except for the Kid Rock part)...

Yeah I agree with Randy_Rhoads44 on that, they lost SOME of my respect with "Load" and so on. I still think all the members of Metallica are skilled musicians and they probably just changed their sound to boost album sales. Either way I am a Megadeth fan
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Well said (except for the Kid Rock part)...

Yeah I agree with Randy_Rhoads44 on that, they lost SOME of my respect with "Load" and so on. I still think all the members of Metallica are skilled musicians and they probably just changed their sound to boost album sales. Either way I am a Megadeth fan

Just curious, how old are you?
Quote by Eric Shun
No, Hammett Killed Metallica.

They lost their pride when Some Kind of Monster came out.

fix'd.
Dickless.
I like Kid Rock, he does hard rock, nu-metal, rap-ish work, as well as country (some pop stuff also).
Metallica never deserved any respect so who cares? Megadeth were and always will be better. And Kid Rock was always the image of American stupidity so why is this a surprise?
Quote by music man
nope tbh i disliked it anyway.

but kid rock made the song worse, not juct by being kid rock! he got rid of the only good thing about that song, the good guitar solo.

Guitar solos are EXTREMELY overrated.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by The Casualty
I like Kid Rock, he does hard rock, nu-metal, rap-ish work, as well as country (some pop stuff also).

I agree that he does cross genre borders, but I think he should change his stage name to Kid (hard) Rock-Nu Metat-Rapish-as-well-as-Country-some-pop-stuff-also. Then, and only then, will the project be complete.

Plus, I think it would be really funny to try and put all that on a ticket.
Quote by Embodiment
Metallica never deserved any respect so who cares? Megadeth were and always will be better. And Kid Rock was always the image of American stupidity so why is this a surprise?

What does Megadeth has to do with thread. Tard. They don't even sound the same, with the exception of "Killing is my busines.." and "Kill em all" that even have the same song on both of the albums.

To threadster, You lost respect of Metallica, because an artist you dislike recorded a song with their song as a backing track? Good song is a good song no matter who sings it, and so what if Kid Rock did a cover of it, lots of musicians do it.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Rankles
So you're pissed off about a song that came out when you were about seven, by a band you've only recently started liking?

Arent you pissed that hendrix is dead ???

/stereotype

But seriously
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by Rankles

Hendrix is dead!

Why god why!
Quote by Demonbreed
Metallica lost that after the Release of St. Anger. Thats if they ever had any to begin with. Which, come to think of it, is doubtful.

Anyways, has anyone heard anything about their new album "St. Angrier" ?

if you ask me, they lost everything after the release of The Black Album
im not a fan of selling out.
When I first saw this thread I didn't see the "Metallica" part so I thought it just said "Kid Rock Killed"

What a dissapointment...
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Metallica lost there pride after the teaming pile of shit that was the load albums.................but thats just me........
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by im_hungry
Fred durst > metallica and kid rock.

hilarious the sarcasim if you werent being sarcastic hang your self[
Page 1 of 2