Finnish primative ritualistic sounding black metal......Nuclear Holocausto has some evil ass whispery vocals. Currently, I've been really enjoying Electric Doom Synthesis. Drawing Down the Moon and The Oath of Black Blood both used to get quite a lot of playtime. My favorite song from Beherit is The Gate of Nanna.

I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of Werewolf, Semen and Blood by can not seem to find it anywhere.

Anyways, opinions?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=94139632
*twitches* I hate it when people think they need to add "ass" to the end of everything...

Lame ass comment, eh?

I'll check them out when I'm on a computer that doesn't block Myspace.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quite a boring band. I always get Beherit and Behexen mixed up since the names sorta sound the same and both bands are from Finland
how uncultured this forum is.....

anyways, the point of beherit wasn't to show off technical skills or be flashy (naw, that's for nuclear holocausto's brother). it was to be as evil and as primative as possible.
Yeah Beherit were about being obscene. I have a few songs from the Oath of Black Blood on my computer. It's some pretty good BM.
It's a bit too late to be ranting on the internet how you just came across Beherit and how awesome Holocausto is.

Oath of Black Blood = win.

It's one of those releases that if you don't at least have it on 12" and still think you're 'metal', you're actually instead pretty gay.
Shadilay.
Quote by morbid_death
It's a bit too late to be ranting on the internet how you just came across Beherit and how awesome Holocausto is.

never said that i just came across them. i said they have been recently getting a lot of airtime.

has anyone heard Gamma-G? thought it might be interesting to check out.
Quote by morbid_death

It's one of those releases that if you don't at least have it on 12" and still think you're 'metal', you're actually instead pretty gay.

I'll check em out.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Nuclear Holocausto doesn't have a brother, and it definitely wouldn't be Alexi Laiho either.

I love Beherit, probably the best Finnish band ever. I want to start a Beherit type band but can't get any members as they're all Drudkh lovers....
Quote by morbid_death

Oath of Black Blood = win.

+1
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Quote by StuartR
Nuclear Holocausto doesn't have a brother, and it definitely wouldn't be Alexi Laiho either.

I love Beherit, probably the best Finnish band ever. I want to start a Beherit type band but can't get any members as they're all Drudkh lovers....

Hoorah. Why the hell do so many people think gaybo Alex 'Lavigne' Laiho is Holocausto's brother? They share the same name, but does that make every 'Smith' in the world family?

As for the second bit, just move to Australia Here the 'scene' is divided between the Beherit/[old]Bathory/Possessed/Sacofago/Sodom/etc crowd, then there is everyone else (who are whimps and posers, and must leave the hall). Seas of patch laden leather and denim are not rare at the metal gigs. Unfortunately, I'm probably the only one that doesn't have a Beherit patch

This is why the question of "who likes Beherit?" seems absolutely ridiculous to me.
Shadilay.
^ I thought they were brothers, seeing as in Children of Bodom's rehearsal room they have Beherit stickers everywhere, suppose they just dig them.
You can hardly even see his face and the eyes make it look a bit similar because Marko has Corpse paint on and Alexi wears eye liner, eye shadow, ect.

Considering that photo is from '92 or so, Alexi would look like him.