how do you play one string or 2 string arpeggios? such as green tinted sixties mind by mr big or the stuff malmsteen does, i dont understand how to do it cause isnt arpeggios playing a chord, thank you
hahaha

arpeggios are made up of chords. you "arpeggiate" chords, which are arpeggios. Yngwie sweep arpeggiates a tone of chords.

and yes, there does exist 2 string string arpeggios
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
yeah exactly, well i dont know any chords using two strings, therefor where does the arpeggio come from?
Movable power chords an halved triads man
MUSIC IS MY RELIGION AND CLAPTON IS GOD
Learn your major and minor scales inside and out all over the neck...learn some basic theory (mainly chord construction) and figuring out arpeggios, even two string arpeggios will be a piece of cake.
An arpeggio is not a chord. It is when you play the notes of a chord individually.

For instance,

e-5-8-12-8

is an arpeggio since it contains the notes of an A minor chord.
i triad (major) is a major third, followed by a minor 3rd

a power chord is just a 1 and 5, so its NOT half of a triad

learning how to construct arpeggios would really give you all the information you would nees
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
An Arpeggio is just playing the notes of a chord individually. So therefore, 3=mc2... oh wait, it's not science class? Sorry. Therefore, to play an Arpeggio on two strings would be playing two notes that are out of a chord. So say you were to play this:

E|-------|
B|-------|
G|-------|
D|-------|
A|----14-|
E|-12----|

You are playing an E note and then a B note, which is the first and fifth note out of an E-chord. So if you wanted to do an arpeggio of say the first third and fifth notes going from the low E to the high E and back it would look something like this:

E|-------------7-------------|
B|-----------9---9-----------|
G|---------9-------9---------|
D|-------9-----------9-------|
A|----11---------------11----|
E|-12---------------------12-|

You are there playing an E, then a G#, then a B, then an E, then a G#, then a B, then going back down a G#, E, B, G#, E. There you have an Arpeggio of the E-major chord. Understand it better now?
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
An Arpeggio is just playing the notes of a chord individually. So therefore, 3=mc2... oh wait, it's not science class? Sorry. Therefore, to play an Arpeggio on two strings would be playing two notes that are out of a chord. So say you were to play this:

E|-------|
B|-------|
G|-------|
D|-------|
A|----14-|
E|-12----|

Umm, or you would play this and have the full triad... This is an arpeggio too, you know, doesn't have to be one note per string.

E|------------|
B|------------|
G|------------|
D|------------|
A|-----11--14-|
E|-12---------|
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.