Hi, I have had a guitar for about a year now and I finally decided to actually try and teach myself.

Anyway I want to learn Rythm guitar but I don't have a clue where to start, lol

So could someone here tell me what I need to learn because I have been looking around different websites and I am just confusing myself

thanks in advance
First step. Learn rythm, get a metronome. Next step, learn chords, play them in time. That's about it if you just want to be a rythm guitarist..
dude you should probably get lesson. getting lesson was the best thing that ever happened to me. its hard to explain but it will help alot.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
My best advice would be to find a guitar tutor.

Learn basic chords [A through G], learn to count time and play in time properly.

Are you wanting to play acoustic or electric?
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I taught myself rythm and i'm sworkign on teaching myself lead. But I really don't like lssons, I took like four a year and a half into playing and they didn't help me much.

But like everyone else has said, learn timing, rhythm, chords, and a little bit about scales and such, and you'll be good to go
Just let the good times roll.
Don't forget to always practice the 1,2,3,4 exercise on all the strings using downpicking and alternate picking. This will help you to get more dexterity when playing "non-chords" (spelling?) rhythm riff.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
my advice would be a guitar tutor but u could give teaching urself a shot if u think u can
Man, its great to see another person wanting to learn rhythm guitar. Thats something that is really overlooked today in young guitarists.

But my tips for you would to learn lots of chords. Just start with the major chords, then learn the odd minor and what not. It takes a while to learn lots of chords because you cant just learn them all in one day. So take it easy learning a chord here and a chord there, and make sure to learn them, not just memorize them. The only thing you need to know for theory right now is how to make chord progressions. There is a way that every chord fits into a certain scale, so learn that, its pretty easy.

With that, you should be set. I wouldnt think you need a teacher because all of the rhythm guitarists that I know havent taken a lesson in their lives yet they are really good at rhythm. Its just something you have to feel.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help