I have a B.C Rich Afterburner Warlock which has a black body.
It was in my stand today but a visiting friend tripped and knocked over my stand. Luckily the guitar was intact complete with tuning, but the spikey bottom hit my floor and chipped just a little bit on both left and right spikes(fins?).

Now these are hardly noticable since they are on the backside, but they really bug me for some reason.

Anyway, what process do I use to cover them up, or can i get a can of black spray paint, mask of the rest of the guitar and let rip on those chipped sections?the chips are small so its not a big job, and its on the spikes.

thanks guys
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
that stinx
u should eat ur friend
: AC/DC RULES

I PUT THE FUN IN FUNERAL
I PUT THE LAUGHTER IN MAN SLAUGHTER

YAY VIOLENCE!!!

MEMBER #13 OF THE STEVE IRWIN MEMORIAL CLUB
If the chips aren't that big, and they're on the back of the guitar, I'd just brush on some touch-up paint. Thats just me...
Quote by dbutz
that stinx
u should eat ur friend

hehe, well he was slightly drunk at the time so I can't do much about that,

but @appetite4gnr, do you get a specific type to touch-up paint? or will any acrylic based paint do?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I just use a Sharpie, lol.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Do you still ahev the chips? If you do, then just glue them back on with a little bit of white glue.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I think they add character.

Does the white glue thing really work? I can't believe white glue holds that well.
wood glue. try titebond or something, it holds pretty well.
doo bee doo bee doo...

well, too bad there isn't a REAL brown on here...
If you press the chips in hard enough, they should stick with the white glue, if not, try wood glue, if that doesn't work then use black nail polish. I used black nail polish when I chipped my strat copy, and it worked well enough. Mind you, the chips were on the bottom where they were barely visible.

You could just slap some duct tape on there if you really don't mind having it there.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by DagMX
hehe, well he was slightly drunk at the time so I can't do much about that,

but @appetite4gnr, do you get a specific type to touch-up paint? or will any acrylic based paint do?

Any automotive body paint should cover it. I'm pretty sure you can get it in small cans. just pick up one of those at a hardware store. Wal-mart might even carry some. I've even used nail polish and sharpie's too, as some of the other guys said, depending on how deep the gouge is. Good luck with it.
^ That will only end up well if you do an entire refinish, or a real good job of masking.

Do you have any pictures of the chip?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

I got a newsletter once and they showed how to repair chips in a poly finish. It seemed easy. You will want to put some touchup paint where the chip was. Then fill that area with superglue (be carfeful not to get superglue on the rest of your guitar. You let the glue dry. Then you can sand and polish that area like you would a normal guitar finish (You might want to look for a tutorial for sanding and finishing) I have never done this but the newsletter showed pictures and you could not tell where the chip was after that, however it was a professional that repaired it.
I've tried most of these ideas on cheapo squiers and yamahas with decent results. I've done the super-glue thing on a friends guitar. It turned out alright, but you have to know what your doing(sanding and all that stuff. But if your really value the guitar (like you said, the chips really bother you), you might wanna take it to a pro or a guitar shop or somthing if you don't wanna risk damaging it more.