i am on the verge of getting a new amp. currently i have a Laney TFX3 120w, but am looking at an Orange rockerverb 50H head with PPC 212 cab.
i play blues, rock and heavy metal, with Fender eric johnson strat, Fender 50th anniv deluxe strat and Gibson sg special gothic II.
any comments on the new amp?
thanks in advance all you lovely people out there.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
god, i wish i could get an orange, they are tough to get your hands on in Ireland...i've never played one but everyone says they have an exceptional clean channel and great mid gain distortion
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
trace elliot make good amps, you've obviously got quite a lot of moneye to spend so maybe get a really high gain amp like the soldano slo 100 or mesa boogie amps, even diezel amps. Then maybe a fender blackface etc for that bluesy tone. Line 6 vetta 2 might be good for you with all those tones and more stored in there.
A mesa Dual Rectifier might do your music justice. The orange [middle] channel on the Dual Recto will do the middy-distortion [Orange Rockerverb sound] but not as good as a real Orange amplifier. Since you go from blues to metal, I think that's your best bet.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by tawermeister
trace elliot make good amps.

Don't Trace Elliot make bass amps?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
i've got a pretty good trace elliot tube amp, maybe it's discontinued but they definately have made electric guitar amps.
Quote by tawermeister
i've got a pretty good trace elliot tube amp, maybe it's discontinued but they definately have made electric guitar amps.

Oh rite, cool i've never seen a Trace Elliot for guitar...the Bass amps are pretty sweet though
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Try the Orange out and see what you think of it, they're very nice amps... I want one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30