Page 1 of 12
Ok this is going to seem completely ridiculous but bear with me. This morning I woke up and my cat was growling at something behind my chest of drawers. SO, thinking it was a spider I pulled it back from the wall to let my cat eat it. Anyway the cat darts under, and comes out looking pleased, with a tail hanging out of its mouth. So I basically instinctively kicked the cat (as much as i love her ) and she dropped it and it ran behind the drawers again. I then had to go to school because this was taking too long, so I locked my cat out of my room and left it there. I got home about 30 minutes ago, to find it was still there, so when i poked it out with a bit of plastic that was lying on the ground. it bloody sprinted across the room, messed about while i tried to find it, and then ran into the back of my tiny crappy (old) practise amp that's been unused for months. It's a teency 8 watt thing so nothing big, but it's managed to go in the space behind the back of the amp, up the back, and hidden itself up in the electronics around the head. And I can't get it out. It's too inaccessible to poke out, and being the loving person I am I'd like to not kill it (so no gassing techniques please). I just want this stupid mouse out of my amp

Suggestions?

(oh and yes, I've already taken some pics of it hidden i the back before it climbed further up, they'revery amusing )
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
power chord lawlawl

better yet take it to a shop and pawn it.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Feb 6, 2007,
i don't wanna turn on the amp in case it chews through a wire or something, but yea, voluming it out seems good, other than if it happens to die in there, i can't get it out :\

and i'm only uploading pics once its gone, so i can get a pic of the heroic little guy afterwards
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

pretend you are in the clash, and smash your amp to pieces. thatl get him

no nvm dont do that. there is very little i hate more than people smashing their instruments.

can you put a mousetrap in the back of your amp? its pretty brutal watching mice die in the traps. very METAL!

Edit: oh, you want to let him live....can you shake the amp and confuse him a bit?
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
LOLAGATORS....shred it to death..its probably in there playing some cowboys from hell....WERE TAKING OVER THIS FVCKING TOWN!!!well this amp.
Quote by notoriousnumber
I didnt think you could be that much of a twat. Piss off.
i've been shaking it like mad but the bugger won't come out, and i tried unscrewing the back but it won't budge, probably glued inside :\
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

well there are 2 options here: do u want the mouse dead, or do u want it out?

option 1: crank u amp up full blast, wit full bass and treble/high whatever, and play some screaming harmonics, i guarantee u it will bleed that little bastards ears out.
beware though, if u kill him, and forget about it, he will stay there and stink the hell outta your amp while he rots, which will thusly attract ants/flies/maggots, the works.

option 2: sell the amp to an indian man, and watch him burn his house down trying to kill the mouse with gasoline (it was in the news a while back)
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
just crank up...Take ur guitar...Plug in...Do a Pickscratch On the High Strings...And Then...Leave it Deaf,or dead....
No rly?

Ya rly.
i like the pick scratching idea, but make sure its REALLY loud
thatll at least deafen the wee bugger
Top lel.
Quote by shadowsoldier08
well there are 2 options here: do u want the mouse dead, or do u want it out?

option 1: crank u amp up full blast, wit full bass and treble/high whatever, and play some screaming harmonics, i guarantee u it will bleed that little bastards ears out.
beware though, if u kill him, and forget about it, he will stay there and stink the hell outta your amp while he rots, which will thusly attract ants/flies/maggots, the works.

option 2: sell the amp to an indian man, and watch him burn his house down trying to kill the mouse with gasoline (it was in the news a while back)

HAHAH You had me laughing soooo hard...

um i have no idea what to do..lol

i relaly wanna see pics tho
Just wait for him to come out. Put crackers near where he went in, and when he comes out just check him over and put him outside.

Or keep it as a pet.
well i tried blasting it out, but omg my ears are reining and i can still hear him scratching about back there. i then proceeded to try and gas him out with deodorant, despite not wanting to earlier. i'd really like him to come out with his hands up though, for decent pics
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

Funnily enough, there's an amp in my mouse.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
lol, would be a good idea but its out of soldering range, my soldering iron isn't very big considering just ripping the back of the amp off here, but maybe i'll just put the amp at the bottom of a large box, put some biscuits outside of the amp and wait for him to come out.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

1. Unplug the amp. Don't want it chewing its way through and electrocuting itself.

2. Go to a hardware store and get a live-catching mousetrap:
place a piece of cheese just out side the amp and make some mouse noises. hopfully if u say it correctly, it would think your asking it for dinner :-D

-chris-
^ Nice stuffed mouse you got there Masta.

True, try to lure him out with food, or put him somewhere really warm, like ontop of a radiator, he'll get too warm and have no choice but to move.
k i ripped the back of the amp off, and he's in a tiny little space so he'd never have been shaken out or anything. i got more pics too now to get him out....
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

Quote by Phoenix219
crank it up to 10

dude crank it to 11 and play some cat scratch fever. that will make him come out.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Dude, I don't know how long that mouse has been in there, but it's gonna have chewed through something by now. Plus remember that wild mice will drop piss and shit almost non stop. You should have just left your cat and the mouse togather while you were at school, might have caused a bit of a mess but better than trying to get a mouse out an amp for hours.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by MastaBassist10
1. Unplug the amp. Don't want it chewing its way through and electrocuting itself.

2. Go to a hardware store and get a live-catching mousetrap:

is this what you do on your days off, dan?
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
pics??

and

update???
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Can you not borrow a friends cat or something?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
ok well, i can't get it out. it's basically now lodged under a bunch of wires. i'm gona leave it there til my dad gets in, an he'll probably find a way to poke it out.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
ok well, i can't get it out. it's basically now lodged under a bunch of wires. i'm gona leave it there til my dad gets in, an he'll probably find a way to poke it out.

Throw the amp in water, then it's got the choice of getting out or drowning.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.