Page 1 of 2
Man i got kicked out of my last band because I drank to much and had to piss after every song purdy much and then one of our old ass pa speakers starrted on fire and smoked everyone out. Anybody got any good storys?
Quote by bodom0420
Man i got kicked out of my last band because I drank to much and had to piss after every song purdy much and then one of our old ass pa speakers starrted on fire and smoked everyone out. Anybody got any good storys?

If I had a band I would totally give you props for being able to drink a shitload and still play. You should've whipped it out and pissed all over the audience tho, that would've been a badass ending to ur story.
ummmmmmmm no

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Heh. Back in eighth grade, my rhythm guitarist was jealous and he cut my strings right before the school talent show. I went to get my guitar to go on stage and it was like... what the hell?

Anyway, this one kid lent me his shitty generic guitar. I was so pissed off at this douchebag kid who cut my strings though.

Since then it's been smooth sailing. Never had anything too bad happen throughout high school.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
For my first show, I was all psyched to play cuz' you know...it was my first show. I was opening for a few bands and I was really nervous. Well, turns out, the venue didn't advertise at all, so it ended up, basically, having an audience of my mom and the other band members... I felt pretty bad ass.
Every once in a while, I'd like to be blinded by the light.
Quote by JoHNNERz
Heh. Back in eighth grade, my rhythm guitarist was jealous and he cut my strings right before the school talent show. I went to get my guitar to go on stage and it was like... what the hell?

Anyway, this one kid lent me his shitty generic guitar. I was so pissed off at this douchebag kid who cut my strings though.

Since then it's been smooth sailing. Never had anything too bad happen throughout high school.

did you kick the fag outta your band?
Urm..I had an experience once...B-but!

I-i Was Young!!! S-so Foolish! I-I-I.....Didnt Mean To Stuff That Hamster On The PA system!!

I-I THought It Would BE funny!
No rly?

Ya rly.
We just stopped telling him when we were practicing. Though I did give him a stern talking to after I found out who it was that cut the strings. I didn't know it was him right away, but some girl backstage saw him do it and told me.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
you shoulda kicked him in the head.
Quote by notoriousnumber
I didnt think you could be that much of a twat. Piss off.
I've blown tubes, broke [guitar] necks, basicly just thrashed my gear until it stopped making noise.

I think the worst accident was when someone knocked over a bottle of water on the PA rack, with around 30,000 watts of wet power amps.. That was a fun night :]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Or rammed his f*cking guitar up his fudgetunnel. That'll stop him cutting your strings.
Never gigged with my band so I don't have any good stories. But a while ago at band practice, we were solo unlucky. I opened up my Les Paul hardcase to find the bridge tone knob had cracked a fell off. And then our rhythm guitarist took his Stagg electric from his bag, and one of his strings had snapped off. And the drums in the music room were missing drum sticks. took us 15 mins to find some. Really bad practice.
Quote by chase312
I've blown tubes, broke [guitar] necks, basicly just thrashed my gear until it stopped making noise.

I think the worst accident was when someone knocked over a bottle of water on the PA rack, with around 30,000 watts of wet power amps.. That was a fun night :]

oh...oh dear... if someone knocked over a bottle of water onto that much wattage of power amps, i would've ripped his skin off, used it to stop the ensuing fire, then used the dry skin to clean the power amps. but that's just me.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
my drummer decided to sign us up for a gig only a month after becoming a band, and thereby marking the 1 month anniversary of me playing guitar. we were so new we had a cover of an avenged sevenfold song as our opener. during the set the other guitarist stepped on and pulled out his chord. we had to stop because the levels apparently were way off and his amp was way louder than mine. then the dumbass did it again in the next song. i was so pissed. i didnt want to go to school the next day
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
yeah well i got a gig on the sixteenth but i think its going to suck. We are opening for the band that I just got kicked out of even tho i think were better. There band doesnt have a rythem guitarist or a bass player and we are stuck opening for them. Pretty gay if you ask me.
Had to be my first ever time playing bass in front of an audience, I played for a band who had trouble keeping members because they sucked something awful, but since the two guys who stayed in it were my friends I agreed to help them out. We got no practice, and the show was so awful, out of time, out of tune and none of us knew what we were doing. The guitarist then decided he would try to improvise over the solo in the song (Teenage Kicks) and it ended up sounding awful, because he knew shit all. I had only played bass for around two weeks mind, I had only managed to learn the song a few hours before and it was overall terrible. I wanted to cry, it was humiliating
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
How does a speaker catch fire unless someone set fire to it. I think you watch too many movies
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
I managed to wind my amp lead around me and then proceeded to trip over, embarrassing night that was.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I managed to wind my amp lead around me and then proceeded to trip over, embarrassing night that was.

Yeah I've done that, but I didn't trip up I just had to jump over to my mic.
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

Quote by bodom0420

What are you dave mustaine?
Yes that one were somebody forgot the search button,.

sorry but i've seen 2-3 threads exacly like this already
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Foz
For my first show, I was all psyched to play cuz' you know...it was my first show. I was opening for a few bands and I was really nervous. Well, turns out, the venue didn't advertise at all, so it ended up, basically, having an audience of my mom and the other band members... I felt pretty bad ass.

I had the opposite of that at my last gig. It was too well advertised and the venue was packed to capacity. We got to play and there were no hitches or anything. So me and the singer went out for some air after playing and when we got back the owner wouldn't let us back in. Eventually we got back in and the gig had been called off. The owner told everyone to get out cos it was too full, and he rang police.
It was just too packed and fights kept starting round the bar. My mates band didnt get to play.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
I was drumming during a show and the bass pedal broke mid-song. I had to kick the bass drum with my foot. It didn't go so well.
Quote by Gummy Balls
How does a speaker catch fire unless someone set fire to it. I think you watch too many movies

Dont know but it did, it was some old ass peavy speaker. It didnt just burst into flames but it was smoking realy bad.
Quote by JoHNNERz
We just stopped telling him when we were practicing. Though I did give him a stern talking to after I found out who it was that cut the strings. I didn't know it was him right away, but some girl backstage saw him do it and told me.

gee whiz, "a stern talking to" you say. i think you were a bit harsh. what a prick, cutting someones strings right before they're about to play on stage...

Quote by bodom0420

That's pretty ****in' metal. You remind me of Mustaine.
Quote by skeptopotamus
I was drumming during a show and the bass pedal broke mid-song. I had to kick the bass drum with my foot. It didn't go so well.

That's good imrov what you did.. musta been funny to see. A drummer I know had his kit pulled away from him mid-set by his rythm guitarist falling off the kick, so he used a top as a kick drum. Worked quite well.
one gig i managed to step on my lead and pull it slightly out of my guitar, whilst the bassist was doing a solo. when it came to the end of the solo and everyone was supposed to come crashing in, my guitar made precisely no sound. embarrassing as hell!
I was doing a covers gig once but before we started they blew a phase in the building, so while they were fixing it my friend ( who wasn't in the band ) and I decided we would get drunk. So by the time we got to play I really was quite drunk. Anyway halfway through the first song I walk up to my mike to start singing, do a massive stagger and fall off the stage only to be caught by my misses and her sister. The bar was really full, I felt like a right tool
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas

Quote by bodom0420
yeah well i got a gig on the sixteenth but i think its going to suck. We are opening for the band that I just got kicked out of even tho i think were better. There band doesnt have a rythem guitarist or a bass player and we are stuck opening for them. Pretty gay if you ask me.

Well, then people will boo the other band off the stage once you get done playing, and ask for you to come back.
Not my story but it's kinda funny anyway. There was this orchestra whose cymbal player got sick or something and they had to get this dude from Japan in to play the cymbals that night and he was supposed to be really good, like the best in the world. During that performance he only had to hit the cymbals once in the entire piece. So the piece started fine and dandy and he was counting like really good and it came to his part and no sound came from him. So the conductor comes up to him after the show and asks him why there was no sound from him and the dude says that he forgot. Kinda stupid, eh?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by goth clash
Not my story but it's kinda funny anyway. There was this orchestra whose cymbal player got sick or something and they had to get this dude from Japan in to play the cymbals that night and he was supposed to be really good, like the best in the world. During that performance he only had to hit the cymbals once in the entire piece. So the piece started fine and dandy and he was counting like really good and it came to his part and no sound came from him. So the conductor comes up to him after the show and asks him why there was no sound from him and the dude says that he forgot. Kinda stupid, eh?

How do you **** up the cymbals?

Wait, how the **** do you become the world's best cymbal player?
Dickless.
Our first gig the singer's hand started bleeding halfway through cos of his nails cutting into his skin. Cue blood splattered guitar and some bad playing from him for the rest of the show

Second gig same guy broke two strings halfway through the first song. That was embarrassing, considering my guitar was already out of tune after me dropping it before we went on.

One gig in June we played, the owner of the venue started kicking everyone out because they didn't have ID, 4 of 6 bands didn't show up, there was no bass amp and the kit was a joke. It got cancelled needless to say.

That's about it, apart from that we've had it pretty smooth
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Got on stage with a mates band to sing "F-kinig hostile" with them. I'd had a lot to drink and during the solo I started simulating masturbation witht the mic. At the end I realised I had been doing that in front of 100 + 13 to 14 year olds and their parents, as it was an all ages gig at a sports hall (I'm 21). That was quite embarrassing
Quote by mortiis999
Got on stage with a mates band to sing "F-kinig hostile" with them. I'd had a lot to drink and during the solo I started simulating masturbation witht the mic. At the end I realised I had been doing that in front of 100 + 13 to 14 year olds and their parents, as it was an all ages gig at a sports hall (I'm 21). That was quite embarrassing

Nice
Quote by MetalMilitia212
How do you **** up the cymbals?

Wait, how the **** do you become the world's best cymbal player?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
o wow, my band has a catalogue of errors. once the floor tom fell onto my legs so i was playing with it leaning on me for a song....and the hi-hats detched from the pedal once. the bass players lead came out, the guitarist still had his guitar tuned town half a step by mistake, about 15 people came onto the stage (encouraged to do so by ourselves i must say) and this stage was ****ing TINY. someones shoe fell off during this which the lead guitarist threw into the crowd. it hit the light and cracked it....yer we got threw out of the battle of the bands for that :/
We had to cancel a gig after I slit my index finger open on the 3rd song. Still got a scar there cos I tried to carry on

Silly me.
Quote by gallagher2006
We had to cancel a gig after I slit my index finger open on the 3rd song. Still got a scar there cos I tried to carry on

Silly me.

Howd that happen?
o wow, my band has a catalogue of errors. once the floor tom fell onto my legs so i was playing with it leaning on me for a song....and the hi-hats detched from the pedal once. the bass players lead came out, the guitarist still had his guitar tuned town half a step by mistake, about 15 people came onto the stage (encouraged to do so by ourselves i must say) and this stage was ****ing TINY. someones shoe fell off during this which the lead guitarist threw into the crowd. it hit the light and cracked it....yer we got threw out of the battle of the bands for that :/[/QUOTE

15 people on stage, did everyone start moshing?
Page 1 of 2