Hey all,

I am a newbie, and I have a quick question about hardware. At my church, I switch between my acoustic and electric. I just recently got a POD xt Live for my electric. I am looking for an amp that i can use (as my own personal monitor) and I have not gotten a straight answer.

I guess my question is this: How would you setup an Acoustic Guitar (no fx), and a Electric Guitar (with the pod) to both run into a single amp?

The amp I am looking at is a Fender Acousticsonic 30 DSP acoustic guitar amp. I am concerned about plugging the pod in to the acoustic amp. At the same time, I am not sure if it would be a good idea to run the Acoustic through the POD (not for any fx, just to run a clean signal to the amp)?

What are your recommendations about this setup? What cheap (<$500) amp would you recommend that would handle both sounds nicely? Where (if at all) would i need direct boxes in this setup?

Thanks in advance.
Matt.
I am in a similar situation. I run both guitars (electric and accoustic) thru the pod. Your pod should be able to store your setting for your accoustic while playing the electric. also, you could use an A-B switch to go back and forth. Hope that helps and not confuse more. You may want some effects on your accoustic like chours and such.
Last edited by guitardad at Feb 6, 2007,