Alright, I guess this is pretty much a spam thread, but I felt the urge to brag a little about my newest purchase, plus I've got a few questions.

Ibanez S1220 TKS Prestige, bought it used for about half new price and it arrived today. I'm so very happy with this buy.

Now, I'm wondering. It's apparently got 9's on now, tuned to Standard E. The action is absolutely perfect for me, but I plan to put on some Ernie Ball .10 to .56 and detune to Drop C. Would I really need any neck adjustment made for this? I'd guess the tension would be quite similar and so on, so I'm just wondering whether it's worth the money to have a tech fix it up. Or maybe it's still worth it just to get it absolutely right before the next step I'm planning...

I'm pretty certain I'll block the trem. It's an Edge, with should be one of the better licensed floyds out there I've heard, but I just can't see myself using it enough to really make it worth the hassles. So, a piece of wood behind the springs, is that the easiset way to go? This would also allow me to restring without hassle (except some minor adjustments to the springs maybe, I'd imagine), yes? And it should be easy to remove the block if I ever wanted to?
learn the frets hahaha

I'm not a fan of the S body type, but I love that top
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
nice buy,i got a s520ex,great guitar,im sure the Edge has more range than the zr...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
Looks awesome, but not enough fretmarkers for me :p

Haha, I only ever use the sidemarkers myself and for looks I generally prefer as clean fretboards as possible, so for me it's just a plus.

Pacifica: Yeah really, you get surprised the first time you see a picture, more surprised when you see a real profile picture and once you get your hands on one, you get surprised once again over the unbelievable and total thinness. Then, once you play them and realize they DO have the ability to howl some chunky tones despite this, you most probably pass out.
Last edited by maxter0 at Feb 6, 2007,
Very nice! Congratulations.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
On another note, I found the stock pickups to be close to fantastic. I've gotten used to keep my expectations on stock pups low, especially Ibanez', but the QM-set, especially QM2, really surprised me. Very versatily, great cleans on mode 1 and 2 (bridge/parallel bridge) aswell as really good highgain, nice definition and so on. Remains to see how they handle drop C, but if it sounds as good as in standard I'll probably keep them in for a long while, which I did NOT expect when I bought it.
wow damn thats a thin guitar, i bet i could break that with my hands, how the hell does it get sustain being that small?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Quote by Chevelle454
wow damn thats a thin guitar, i bet i could break that with my hands, how the hell does it get sustain being that small?

No idea really, must be some damn fine mahogny in there. Plus, apparently, it's thicker "where it counts", around the neck and the pickups.
Don't block the trem. PLEASE dont lol. You never know if you'll have those days you wanna be like "LETS DO A DIVEBOMB!"

That is a sweet guitar, those are in fact one of the high end Ibanez S models. The HH configuration and the wizard one neck, all made in JAPAN. The S prestiges nowadays are Korean made and have the Wizard II neck. Just doesn't feel like a prestige to me. You should post this in the ibanez forum. You'll have some people there WOWing your guitar lol
Quote by Chevelle454

agree it really is thin are all the s seires that thin?
Quote by ssguitarhero111
Don't block the trem. PLEASE dont lol. You never know if you'll have those days you wanna be like "LETS DO A DIVEBOMB!"

That is a sweet guitar, those are in fact one of the high end Ibanez S models. The HH configuration and the wizard one neck, all made in JAPAN. The S prestiges nowadays are Korean made and have the Wizard II neck. Just doesn't feel like a prestige to me. You should post this in the ibanez forum. You'll have some people there WOWing your guitar lol

Nah, I just don't know, maybe I'll have a tech set it up and leave it unblocked till I freak out on it or something, lol. I have some bad experiences with floating trems from before and I just don't feel any need for them anymore. Besides, a block of wood should be easily removed should I ever change my mind, right?

Yes, Prestige straight from Japan for sure, main reason I bought it without flinching (was originally looking to buy a S520EX new). Wonderful feel. I'll brag in the Ibanez forums for sure.

sepultura, the thin body is one of the S series main features, so yeah, I think the thickness (or thinness rather) is about the same on all S's.

Damnit, I can't register on the Ibanez forum atm, the registration is apparently temporarily suspended. >.<
Last edited by maxter0 at Feb 6, 2007,