i have a ltd ex-250. it's so neck heavy it's almost unplayable standing up. i'm thinking about putting some kind of weights inside of it. any ideas?
It'd probably work better if you relocated your strap buttons. I haven't had to, but I've heard tell of it working.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
the strap button is above the neck towards the top of the fin(if that makes any sense). i don't see where else i could move it.
what shape is it can you post some pics to help us
i really want to learn about this ALL my guitar are neck heavy.
what i do is use really wide straps. made of leather or a shoulder pad.
trust me it works
Move your strap button to BEHIND your neck like behind the neck pocket. When the strap button is on the top fin facing the ceiling, it always unbalances an Explorer.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Move your strap button to BEHIND your neck like behind the neck pocket. When the strap button is on the top fin facing the ceiling, it always unbalances an Explorer.

For example:
I have a very heavy Les Paul copy with a very light neck,and it is unbalenced,so if I will put the strap button behind the neck pocket,the guitar will be balanced?
Hmm... With a Les Paul shape I'm not for sure... I have only tried this with an Explorer.

In theory, maybe. I wouldn't think so though because of the Explorer's huge wing at the bottom you can get that playing stability and balance.
Make a cavity in the body and fill it with lead.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Is that really a good idea? I'm assuming you know what you are talking about. It's all good.
I had the same problem with my SG. I solved the problem without any mods. I just bought a wider strap with the fuzzy griping material on the back. I can't even notice the neck-heaviness anymore. It might work for you as well, depending on how heavy yours actually is.
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Is that really a good idea? I'm assuming you know what you are talking about. It's all good.

Umm, I was just kidding. You could fill your body with lead if you wanted to, I guess. It would involve routing out some space for the lead and then covering the cavity with something. Moving the strap button would be easier, but some people don't like how it feels when their strap button is in a different place.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I think it works best to move the strap button at the butt of the guitar rather than the one by the neck. Typically moving the button 2 or 3mm to the bass side of the guitar is enough to fix balance problems. Sometimes you have to go a little more.
Not taking any online orders.
i have a thin strap made by guitar research, i'm gonna buy a wide leather one today and see if that helps. when you move the strap on the butt of the guitar do you move it up or down?
You move it to the bass side of the guitar to make the neck feel lighter. You move it to the trebble side to make the neck feel heavier.
to the side of the bass strings? is that what you mean? and how far?
gibson sg
ltd ex-250 w/ emg 81/85
danelectro piece of crap
boogie mark III simul head (purple stripe)
boogie DC-5 112 (FS)
all tube peavey bravo 112
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
For example:
I have a very heavy Les Paul copy with a very light neck,and it is unbalenced,so if I will put the strap button behind the neck pocket,the guitar will be balanced?

the guitar will remain unbalanced in relation to the neck, however, you will balance the weight out evenly between the strap buttons, that's what you want. i'd go with a thick leather strap before i drilled holes in my guitar though, but that's just me.
Quote by soybomb
to the side of the bass strings? is that what you mean? and how far?

Yes. How far depends on how out of balance the guitar is. I wouldn't want to even try to guess how far is going to be right. I will tell you than most of the time I only move the button about 3 mm and I've never gone more than 5mm but I've never had to do it to a really neck heavy guitar like an SG either.