Hey, I'm allowing myself to reminisce for a while, and I'm playing lots of old pop-punk stuff. For Enema of the State era Blink=182, how should I set my Boss CH-1 chorus pedal? I'm really bad at working this thing, since I'm used to my old small clone. Any help appreciated unless it's "blink suck" because whether or not I agree, that's not helping.

read post #16. I rephrased the question. I'm confused about what the knobs on my pedal do, not how much chorus is on that album or where it goes.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Feb 7, 2007,
if you listen closely, they use chorus a LOT.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
That's why i'm telling you :p, just crank open your Chorus, not too much gain. And just play the damn thing
ohhhhh I thought you mean gain. haha sorry. I still have no idea what I'm doing with this pedal. I got it recently, and there were no instructions or anything. I'm used to having one big knob and a tiny switch. This is new to me, and kind of confusing.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Feb 6, 2007,
I'd set it to a pretty light setting, you just want to thicken your sound, not get the full watery effect.
alright, I know what I want it to sound like, I just don't know which way to turn the knobs. I don't know what Q means, or how rate works etc.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
um I used to listen to a ton of blink back in the enema of the state time 8 years ago and I can't really think of anywhere and I'm going to there stuff in my library and I can't find any chorus on that album. There is a bit a of delay at times but other than that...?

Name a song please
I use a delay to thicken up things......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^i suppose i thought that was just a tiny bit of delay. Yeah and as I think about it at the start of adam's song there is some. But as oppose to what the theard started said there is not a ton it's during the intros a bit and interludes. And I'm not completly convinced that it's chorus but hey i could be completly wrong.

If you want some chorus I would suggest just a little bit of it
The only songs that would immediately come to mind is pretty much everything on the self titled album, but there's that many things going on in the layers I can't really tell that much!
yeah just use a tiny bit of Chorus like they are saying, for Blink you don't want that watery effect unless you are playing there self titled album. I would suggest about 2-3, keep the gain on about 3 and put the bass on 6 and mids at 5 and the treble at about 8. that should work fine. i also would recommend the Boss DS-1. It is pretty good for that Pop-punk sound. And I just listened to What's My Age Again, that is a slight delay with a clean tone, i didn't hear any Chorus, but it is probably just me.
erm, make sure the light on your pedals off, and the one on your amp, then unplug, and download some real ****in music!!!!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

ehem, sorry, yes use it very lightly
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
erm, make sure the light on your pedals off, and the one on your amp, then unplug, and download some real ****in music!!!!

er. right. *points at the part where I mentioned reminiscing* I listen to real music usually. This stuff is just so catchy and fun you have to let yourself indulge at least once a year.

Quote by LouieStrat
yeah just use a tiny bit of Chorus like they are saying, for Blink you don't want that watery effect unless you are playing there self titled album. I would suggest about 2-3, keep the gain on about 3 and put the bass on 6 and mids at 5 and the treble at about 8. that should work fine. i also would recommend the Boss DS-1. It is pretty good for that Pop-punk sound. And I just listened to What's My Age Again, that is a slight delay with a clean tone, i didn't hear any Chorus, but it is probably just me.

I have a DS-1 and I would sooner set it on fire than play through it. It's such a horrible pedal. I know how to EQ my amp, but the chorus pedal makes no sense to me.

EVERYONE: I know how much chorus is there, and where it is. My problem is with the PEDAL. I don't know how to use it. Someone please explain that to me.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
OK, sorry bout insulting thread lol, i will help. e. level i think is the out put of the pedal, basiclly how loud it will be. You want this at about half way. eq is basically how tin or fat the effect is. This should be just below half way. the more to the left, the fatter the sound. The rate is the speed of the 'oscillations'. turning it all the way up will give a wierd whirling super wobly sort of sound. More to the left and it will be slower and smother. Finally depth. This is how the pedal is mixed with your sound. All the way up is covering all your guitars origional signal. the further to the left, the less chorus you will hear basically. I rek you'll want this about just before half way aswell for blink (i listened to them years ago, not anymore lol). Hope this has helped out, thats basically what the controls do.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

thank you SO much. That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass