My iPod nano won't turn on, it's fully charged and worked this morning, but just doesn't turn on no matter what I do. Putting it on hold then unhold, pressing menu, dropping it in the toilet, and pressing play, none of those work, can anyone help me? And saying iPod's suck and what's better doesn't really help me right now.

P.S. the toilet part was a joke in case you didn't figure it out
Quote by hardcoreatheist
Face it. iPods are designed to break. (honest to God truth)

my friend's nano fell from a bridge down onto a railway track and smacked the ground, it was about 1 storey and the thing still worked. Just cos you heard a few bad stories it doesnt mean they all break. Afterall, nobody is gonna tell you about their ipod that worked fine after 2 weeks, are they?

yea, threadstarter, plug yours into the computer, i've heard that helps
how old is the unit?

can you computer recognize it if you hook it up via USB?
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Quote by ARCtrooper225
dropping it in the toilet

Try that again, but flush this time.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
get a Zune?
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Zune's are weak, i used one yesterday and couldent stand it.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by blynd_snyper
my friend's nano fell from a bridge down onto a railway track and smacked the ground, it was about 1 storey and the thing still worked. Just cos you heard a few bad stories it doesnt mean they all break. Afterall, nobody is gonna tell you about their ipod that worked fine after 2 weeks, are they?

yea, threadstarter, plug yours into the computer, i've heard that helps

True

But you hear way more bad stories about iPods than other mp3 players

Almost everyone i've known who's had one have had problems with them
I got my iPod yesterday. Absolutely no problems with it, it's great, you plug it in and it sorts out all your songs an puts them on automatically! By far the easiest to use mp3 player I have ever owned
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Quote by GiantRaven
True

But you hear way more bad stories about iPods than other mp3 players

Almost everyone i've known who's had one have had problems with them

Yea, of course. Any of them say, "oh my iPod still works after so many years," I'm quite sure if they do it won't be that big of a deal when if it breaks and you go crap your pants and decide that all iPods suck.

Here's an analogy. You heard a few iPods break, okay, fine, that doesn't mean they all suck. So here it is: Go into a river full of fish, get a jug and stick it in the water, if you get no fish in your jug, does that mean that there is no fish in the water? No, it doesn't, so hearing about iPods breaking shouldn't be representative of the whole iPod series. As in shut up and stop talking unless you know what it is that you're talking about. Enough Said.

Oh and I do believe that iPod is the most popular ever, more popular than generic mp3 players, so you'd hear MORE STORIES, because it's MORE POPULAR.

BC Rich Warlock
Peavey Rage 108 Trans-Tube Practice Amp
Boss ME-50 Multi-Effect Processor
Yamaha PSR-273 Keyboard
Did I say they all suck?

I just said from the majority of iPod experiances i've had, they tend to have problems

And yes, I know thats why I hear more stories

I've got a 5th gen Ipod (Hobson's choice) and it still works after about a month, but i've had so many problems with the ****ing thing.

Give me a Zen anyday.
Ok, so iPods suck, you say...

Is there any player on the market that is a) 30 GB b) has all the functions like video and photos, with the same quality c) is as user-friendly and widely-supported?

I bought mine not because it's a trend! I bought it because I needed a 30 gig MP3 player with all those functions. iPod is the best for me.
for rent