I've decided to sell my cry baby wah, since I rarely use it. Anyway, I'm going to buy with the money from the wah a new bridge pickup.
I have an Ibanez s470dxqm and the infinity stock pickups give way too much feed back and sound weak to me.
I was thinking about getting a Dimarzio evolution 2 for bridge, my mates selling one cheap *50 pounds sterling*.

Do you reckon i should get it?
The sound I want is a great lead tone, but with some versatility since i play lots of different styles, is the clean tone out of this pickup any good?
I know the clean sound won't be one of it's selling points but will it be moderate enough for a good clean sound.
yeah, its like a less powerful, more tamed version of the legendary evolution pickup;
go to the dimarzio siter and listen to the audio clips
http://www.dimarzio.com/

Some decent clips there as well as info. Much the same as the Evolution pickup it has a very very distinctive sound, very vai'ish. It's only slightly less high output than the Evolution and as such less overbearing and cleans up IMO a bit better. However i feel that it really fits in best in instrumental guitar music where it can shine, as opposed to a full band situation. Nice pickup overall, quite versatile.
All depends on what you want to play - the Evo's are pretty much shredder pickups, so if that's your style go for it. If it isn't you may find yourself disappointed in it - it;s certainly not what I'd call a versatile pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A Breed or Norton is probably a better bet if you're looking for an all-rounder, thinking about it cleans aren't that much of an issue because you've got the middle positions for those.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ what's your budget and what's your amp? +1 on what steven seagull says about evos, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?