Okay, so I have a Standard Fender Precision Bass. Ive had it for about a year or so now. But about 3 or 4 months ago, after playing it at my local recording studio, the Screws and Springs on two of the Bridge saddles fell out and i didn't notice until i got home. I went back the next week, asked the owner and couldnt find them. It kinda ****ed up my playing for a bit, as i couldnt really hit the strings too much or the actual metal piece of the saddle would fall off.

So anyway, i search high an low online, to find some repalcements. Not to mention my local guitar shop, which weren't too helpful. I bought a spare set of brand new Fender chrome saddles, about a month later the same happened again. Only this time i found two of the screws (where 3 fell out).

About a month ago i decided to buy some more, but were a different make to Fender, more like replicas, as I thought it might just be my bad luck. They arrived shortly after, and earlier today, the same happened again, and its starting to piss me off...
I mean, i play in standard tuning, with my fingers. I use the flatwound 'Steve Harris signature' strings. My action is moderatley high, but not over the top and I dont strum too hard, or play awkwardly or anything. Its not like im in-experienced (ive been playing 3 1/2 years) but yet the same thing keeps happening to the screws.

Im starting to wonder if its some sort of manufacturing fault, or my bass setup (which doesnt seem out of order as it was fine for the first 6 months or so when i first got the Fender).

Im wondering if my good friend UG could help??
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, cheers.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Have you tried changing the bolt bit?
From what I read it sounded like you had only changed the screws/springs, but if it's happened again I'd suspect that the grip inside the bolts is quite loose.

I'm not an expert, just what I'd assume.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Well thing is, Ive replaced the screws and the actual metal bridge saddles.
So all 3 times everything has been almost new.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
you could try lock tight to keep the screws in the saddles
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
You might be able to get some expert help if you post the thread in the bass forum, but i have no idea about the bridge sorry.
signature
Quote by Gummy Balls
you could try lock tight to keep the screws in the saddles

"Lock Tight" as in a product or do you mean lock it tight?

Quote by Bullet-Rule
You might be able to get some expert help if you post the thread in the bass forum, but i have no idea about the bridge sorry.

Also, i have... But its seems these days on UG the Pit is the only place that replies
Cheers anyway.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Quote by Demonbreed
"Lock Tight" as in a product or do you mean lock it tight?

As in a product
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

^^ Hmmm i might Google it. See what i can find. Thanks.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Quote by Demonbreed
^^ Hmmm i might Google it. See what i can find. Thanks.

No problem I think it might be spelled "loctite"
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas

that happened to my old guitar, a Behringer RB60, on the thingy of the high E string, i freaked out "omg my guitar is ruined" then i just put it back on, tightened a bit and retuned, never happened again, but i think the octave intonation might be just a liiiiitle off lol thank god i dont use that thing anymore
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
that happened to my old guitar, a Behringer RB60, on the thingy of the high E string, i freaked out "omg my guitar is ruined" then i just put it back on, tightened a bit and retuned, never happened again, but i think the octave intonation might be just a liiiiitle off lol thank god i dont use that thing anymore

Trouble is, this is a Fender. Id expect better quality to be honest.

Quote by Gummy Balls
No problem I think it might be spelled "loctite"

. Its adhesive. I dont think i'll be using that. I thought it was some sort of screw-lcoking device....
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
Last edited by Demonbreed at Feb 6, 2007,