I get that, ya can get these leads to stop it but for a pop i dont really think its worth it. I'm not totally sure why but i get it with my Marshall Valvestate.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
It's because the amp was using electricity, and when you turn it off the speakers pick up the stopping of the electrical current through the amp.
Ive got a Kustom dual 30rc
Not a bad amp for a solid state, Im just a bit worried if the popping is damaging my guitar or not......
It couldn't damage your guitar since the guitar sends signal to the amp and not the other way around. And like mentioned, it's completely normal for some amps and it won't damage your Kustom either.

cheers:
Quote by maxter0
It couldn't damage your guitar since the guitar sends signal to the amp and not the other way around. And like mentioned, it's completely normal for some amps and it won't damage your Kustom either.

cheers:

Not true - Your guitar sends out a very small AC current. If the amplifier is improperly grounded, electrical surges will be sent through the guitar as it is part of the flow of electrons.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Not true - Your guitar sends out a very small AC current. If the amplifier is improperly grounded, electrical surges will be sent through the guitar as it is part of the flow of electrons.

Too true, all circuits have to be complete circuits I.e. electricity is going to flow to your guitar as well as away from. Thats why my dads guitar shocks ya XD. I'm pretty sure you wont die though... but then again that isn't your problem. Popping should be ok.
Ibanez S520
Yamaha Pacifica 112 with JB.Jr Neck pickup
Ibanez Custom Blazer
Peavey Bandit 112, Marshall Valvestate 20
Marshall Jackhammer, Zoom 505 effects, Boss ME-50
Boss Pw 10 V Wah
Dunlop 1.5mm Picks, D'addario standard Strings
Quote by Diateo
Too true, all circuits have to be complete circuits I.e. electricity is going to flow to your guitar as well as away from. Thats why my dads guitar shocks ya XD. I'm pretty sure you wont die though... but then again that isn't your problem. Popping should be ok.

If the guitar shocks you then the amplifier is not grounded properly and in the right circumstances, it can be lethal.

Threadstarter - the popping noise is common on units that don't have a standby circuit or similar. The noise comes from the compacitors suddenly being charged or discharged with DC current.

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
um try turning down the volume before you shut it off....that should help. That is bad for your speaker also leave it down when you turn it on.
turn it on standby for a second or two before you turn the power off
It's nothing damaging, it might get annoying though.
My cube 30 does that, well either turn the volume or get circuit breaker leads.
Or just get over it;
Quote by Nick_
lies

don't listen to him

You are an imbecile. Only tube amps have standby, solid state amps don't need standby circuits. Bazilisck has it right, it's the capacitors discharging. It's nothing to worry about.
Quote by SolidxSnake
You are an imbecile. Only tube amps have standby, solid state amps don't need standby circuits. Bazilisck has it right, it's the capacitors discharging. It's nothing to worry about.

I'm talking about a different type of standby, not the ones present on tube amps to prevent premature tube destruction (which usually allow you to control when to turn off standby mode). Some SS units will have standby circuits built into them which will automatically set the unit on standby for about 1-2 seconds when turned on or shut down - This allows the compacitors to charge/discharge without potentially damaging the speakers.

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
ive have an ibanez amp for about 6 years now. pops every time i shut it off. even on zero.
never seemed to cause any damage to the speaker and never sent any shocks, im not worried about my guitars.

some ss amps just pop. (for reason given by our smart friends here.)
i wouldnt worry about it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah basically, turn your volume down before and when turning it on/off. Also, don't unplug your guitar every time you turn off the amp, and don't unplug the amp. The input/output jacks will become unsautered spell check.
Cool, someone else who own's one of these amps!

I thought I was the only one!

Yea, mine does the same. Just turn it down before you turn it off.
Or else in time, it'll turn you off .
Lol, j/k, but yea, if u don't like the pop, just turn it down before you turn it on/off.

BTW, What do you think of your amp without any added pedals?
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
My old Peavey Bandit used to pop like that every time I turned it on or off, regardless where the volume was set at. I played the shìt out of it for 6 years and never damaged anything.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor