you don't press the strings fully down with your left hand, just sorta mute them while picking. at least thats the definition that's been given to me about the x's.
"... cause it's not only music, it's a chosen way of life..."

- Gamma Ray, Heavy Metal Universe
Quote by flohbeutelchen
you don't press the strings fully down with your left hand, just sorta mute them while picking. at least thats the definition that's been given to me about the x's.

it can also mean palm muted can't it as well as that?
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
dead notes or pick slide, listen to the song and figure out witch it is......floh has the dead notes instructions up there...pick slide is like....slide the edge of the pick up or down the neck
oh right...my bad lol... so it's just deadening the string? if deadening is a word lol
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
generally, a pick slide will be tabbed as a slash or back slash ("/" or "\"), depending on the way it slide should go up or down.
an 'x' means to lay your finger on the string, but not to press it so that it emits sound. it generally gives a tingy sound if done correctly.
and PM or palm muting is tabbed under a note with a period ( "." ) under the tab line.
hope this clears it up =]