Hi,

Just looking to do a little poll type thing. Just wanted to see what people thought was the best solid state amp which would be good for home practice that worked well with pedals.

Have been looking at the laney lc 30 or marshall dsl 401, but am worried a valve amp would be too loud.

Cheers
I love my Line 6 Spider II as a practice amp. You cant get them new anymore unless they are old stock, but I guess the Spider III's are just as good.

PS, Postman - I think I have the exact same guitar as you. Nice.
Quote by turkish_bathmat
Have been looking at the laney lc 30 or marshall dsl 401, but am worried a valve amp would be too loud.

Why are you looking at solid state?

If you've already got pedals, and enjoy real tube tone, you're probably an excellent candidate for an Epi Valve Jr!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Just get a valve amp, they're great for louder stuff, but they work well for practice aswell.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
too loud?
buy an attenuator
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Depends on what you are playing
Metal - Randall G3 or Roland Cube
Classic Rock or Blues - Vox
Yeah I tried out the marshall and it was 40w I think, it was decent at sort of 3 o'clock level which is fine, but I am worried that I need to really drive it to get the best tone, the problem I have with getting an attenautur is that they cos about £200 on their own, like 1/2 the cost of the amp.

I play rock, metal, some blues etc