So I've been playing bass for a while now and I'm thinking along the rode I picked up some bad habits. Every once in a while I'm noticing a "clicking" sound coming from my amp.

I'm wondering if this is a technique problem or an amp problem or what, and whatever it is how do I fix it? No matter how I change my technique it doesn't seem to change!
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
probably your amp.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Is it the sound of your fingernails hitting the strings? (When I play fingerstyle, this sometimes happens.) Try cutting your nails down and using more flesh...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
^^^ I'm talking about playing bass guitar...I'm guessing you mean 6-string. Bass players use the bottom of their fingers to play guitar so fingernails wouldn't be an issue.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.
Quote by chopps00
^^^ I'm talking about playing bass guitar...I'm guessing you mean 6-string. Bass players use the bottom of their fingers to play guitar so fingernails wouldn't be an issue.

Well that sound could still be your fingernails hitting the string after the pad of your finger. That's what happened with me.
Quote by chopps00

the bottom of the fingers?, damnit, now i gotta develope my finger picking technique all over again, because ive been using my finger tips for the most part, is that a bad thing?
Quote by brdpritt
the bottom of the fingers?, damnit, now i gotta develope my finger picking technique all over again, because ive been using my finger tips for the most part, is that a bad thing?

Wouldn't the finger tip be the bottom of the finger? Using finger tips is not a bad thing.