Has anyone else read this book? I think it's one of the best portrayals of 60s counter-culture available. The writing style is incredibly unique, and you basically learn that acid influenced the entire decade. Also, the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour was pretty much exactly what Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters did first.

Anyway. Discuss if you've read?

And if you haven't, I highly suggest picking up a copy.
Whats Kool-Aid in English? Ive seen it on American films and i know it kills people when they drink it... Is it the US equivalent to Anti-Freeze?
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by Demonbreed
Whats Kool-Aid in English? Ive seen it on American films and i know it kills people when they drink it... Is it the US equivalent to Anti-Freeze?

Kool-Aid? I thought it was a watery drink.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Electric Kool-Aid is just Kool-Aid with acid in it. It doesn't necessarily kill you.

And if they don't have Kool-Aid in the UK, it's just a fruit kind of drink. It's delicious.
Quote by Demonbreed

Kool-Aid is just a fruit flavored soft drink.

I'm guessing the movies you saw were taking a influence from the Jonestown Massacre, where a cult dumped cyanide into the Kool-Aid and had everybody drink it.
Quote by Demonbreed

haha
wow
sorry
if u werent an englishman id sig that
i plan on getting it shortly, im currently reading "the doors of preception and heaven and hell" by aldous huxley. if your interested in the kind of things that influenced the sub-culture, books on mind altering drugs and books of eastern philosophy are the way to go