OK guys i need some help i have been playing guitar for awhile now and i play mostly lead stuff now adays ,becuase i find it more intriguing, and i am trying to find some good article/songs/and exercises for lead guitar. I have read both the articles on lead guitar on this site if there are other articles i should check out let me know. But i am looking for song suggestions for someone is is an average lead guitar player nothing to difficult but stuff that will improve me. Also i would like some hand exercises i have some but you can never play guitar too much(although my mom would disagree with that statement).so like i said give me some sites to check out, some exercises, some songs, and anything else that might help thanks .
Try Sweet Child O' Mine. Up until the solo when Slash goes onto the wah, it's pretty easy. Cool riffs too. And for some nice lead work, try the lead to A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and Cambria.
Hand exercises? Chromatics. Simple 1-2-3-4, 1-3-2-4, etc on each string then shift up to the next fret until the 12th fret will help you a lot to develop finger independency.
Quote by AdamDK
Try Sweet Child O' Mine. Up until the solo when Slash goes onto the wah, it's pretty easy. Cool riffs too. And for some nice lead work, try the lead to A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and Cambria.

i like this. not because of what AdamDK said, although it is good advice. because Ron Thal is better than you. he is better than all. he is better than god. he is god.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
..im not really very good at playing, but i do play lead in a band, i just run through all different types of scales for hours, it gets boring, but ihtink its a decent workout.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
yeah usually i just run scales alot like all night one night ill run one scale and do a new one every night.
Quote by hendrixrocks4
are the steve vai thing and the rock discipline thing vidoes?

I'm not sure about Vai's. I think Vai's is just a particular workout he does.

Rock Discipline is a DVD, though. By John Petrucci. It really helped me out, and I recommend it.
oh and threadstarter, if you're good at scale,s try learn some modes like Lydian and Mixolydian, Dorian, etc.
Quote by hendrixrocks4
yeha i know a a bunch of them as well i jsut started doing the different modes a few weeks agos.

Ah cool. Well, you could look into more "advanced" techniques, like Sweep Picking, fast paul gilbert style String Skipping, and maybe some good fast legato.