How the hell does he manage to tune a bass an octave higher? How can his strings/neck/anything take the strain?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Good question... maybe he has a Piccolo bass (basically a bass tuned an octave higher). Maybe, just maybe, he has an 8-string bass that he only puts the octave strings on it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Oh, OK. Yeah, that seems fairly likely. I'd never heard of those before, thanks!

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
^^He's not playing a guitar, I've seen videos of him playing.

I hate to sound incredibly bitchy, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about, why bother posting?

agreed
octave pedal or piccolo.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15