I just ordered one of these....now that its too late to change my mind.... let me hear your rants and or raves about this guitar if you dont mind
-jared-
Last edited by MentalE at Feb 7, 2007,
bump, im guessing none of you own one of these are have played one extencively??
What the balls is an RGTF6EXFX. That sounds like some kind of bad robot name from a 50's B-movie. And I can't find it on Ibanez's site.
no
I heard its an extreme letdown, you're definetely better off with a Prestige model rather than this.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
looks like every other RG, but with some shnazzy pick ups, thats about it...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
the pickups arent shnazzy or whatever the hell that means, at all, its the real EMGs
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
could you be a little more specific as to why someone expressed this guitar to be a huge letdown?
shnazzy is a good thing...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by MentalE
could you be a little more specific as to why someone expressed this guitar to be a huge letdown?

cant seem to remember, but its something to do with the neck.

Also with the tone, definitely try it out 1st, EMGs on basswood sounds different.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
it has a neck-thru construction... isnt that what the prestige models have??
Construction wise isnt the same, its made in Korea. Not all prestige have neck-thru but quality wise they're definitely better. You gotta try it out to really judge it.

If you really like it, you wont even listen to bad comments and actually try to get an excuse of it being better, so no point arguing.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
right on, no arguing here... just lookin for honest opinions from people who have played them and or know about them..... all the opinions i can get from reviews on the internet are from people who just bought one and after spending that kinda money they arent going to bash it or say they dont like this or that about them...so you get nothing but straight 10's reviews and people saying go buy one right now its the most awesome thing ever haha
i got to play one and i found it very comfortable, nice neck indeed. but you probably should have tried one out before.
I have played this guitar many times and I really like it. It plays nice, feels well made, and sounds good. I dont think you made a bad choice, although there are other guitars for similar money that will play just as good. ESP MH-1000 comes to mind.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
buying a guitar without playing it is like buying a car without driving it.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
well thats kind of strange then, because there is a huge market for cars on eBay, as well as guitars.... how does someone drive a car or play a guitar before they buy it on eBay??? some people don't have the time to drive 4 hours to their nearest guitar center to try out a guitar they are thinking about getting....and the only local music store here in town has to order it special and in order to get them to order an expencive guitar such as this...they make you pay for it first....their selection of guitars is very low.. so people such as myself have to rely on what the specs of the guitar are, and reviews people give them, and research to make a good decision on buying a decent guitar.
I just came home from G.C and I played one, very nice, the active EMG's are great, and the neck is nice and smooth...too bad it's painted, but oh well, I think you'll like it.