How's this guitar? Specs wise, seems bloody fantastic at £380.

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_in...products_id=269

Schaller Trem (Any good? I assume so...), Seymour Duncans '59 and CustomCustom pickups... Seems awesome. Any bad points to it? I was thinking of getting it after buying some sort of Ibanez RG. Compared to the Ibanez S series, better or worse?

Ugly headstock...

*waits for tubadude to appear*

Excellent specs for the price, I can't see you getting that much guitar for so little money anywhere else. It's certainly beats an equivalent priced RG hands down.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hehe.... I don't mind the looks, but the features just seem like an absolute steal at the price.

Regarding the RG, I've always wanted one to own so I'm currently saving up for one. Just one of these things I just HAVE to have.
schaller trems are very good. possibly as good as an OFR.

that one is an older model, the newer ones have duncan distortions in it. i just bought an X40pro, and it kicks some serious ass. i havnt played my X50pro at all since i bought my X40.

but it is a great guitar, get it. you wont be dissapointed
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Ah right. Looks good then.

I just thought it would have CustomCustom as the X50 does... but I'm wrong. How do they feel? Sound? Play well? Set up well?

On the topic of Washburns, how's the X50? My mate is considering one for his next guitar.
x50 is also a great guitar. best way i can compare it is "a schecter c-1, with all the bugs worked out of it" smaller neck, better pup comfiguration, coil tap, and the BFTS.
plus, they are cheaper than the c-1's.

the X40 will make the X50 feel slow, mainly because of the unfinished neck, but it plays well, mine is B stock, i pulled it out of the box, i tuned it up, and didnt have to do anything, trem was in the right spot, intonation was dead on, action was perfect. a few days later, i had to level the trem, because of new strings, but that would be expected. overall, a great guitar for that price.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Seems excellent... Washburn seem pretty neat! What's this Buzz Feiten System?

Thanks for info tubadude, !

Also, why isn't Washburn really popular in the forum?
the buzz feiten tuning system is like the earvana nut. it makes every note in tune, which makes chords sound better, thats the simple bread and butter of the system. some will tell you you tune the guitar differently, and you need a special tuner, which isnt true. the guitar wont play any different, and the only cosmetic thing is the logo on the headstock.

as for them being not popular, is because the major stores (guitar center, what not) dosent carry washburns. so many of the kids here, go to these stores and not see them, so they must suck. thats why everyone and their mother have schecter, mesa, and spyders

Quote by steven seagull
Damn I can't find the X40Pro in quilted blue anywhere in the UK for £370... only black...
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

^ Can anyone help? eBay be a good bet?

I like the black but the quilted top on the blue one looks stunning, and alot more expensive than it really is!

I can only find it in black, here! > http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/269 < Please help!

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Quote by ponnightingale
^ Can anyone help? eBay be a good bet?

I like the black but the quilted top on the blue one looks stunning, and alot more expensive than it really is!

I can only find it in black, here! > http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/21_49/products_id/269 < Please help!

^Could you not email Machinehead to order in a Quilted top X40PRO since they deal with Washburn guitars?
^and?

its a non pro, the only difference is the pups. mines a non pro, but i dropped a sh-11 and sh-2 in it to make it a pro

Quote by steven seagull
pros also have EMG 81/85 sets. but thats a proFE

Quote by steven seagull
I found a beautiful used X-50PROFE in natural at Guitar Center the day they had their gigantic sale (The one where they give you The List) for only $250. It was normally $350, but they lowered it for that day only. I had the cash to buy it, and I almost did, but, for some weird reason, I didn't. And now it's $350, and I don't have that much money, so I'm beating myself up about it.
Quote by Mwoit
^Could you not email Machinehead to order in a Quilted top X40PRO since they deal with Washburn guitars?

I did e-mail them, haven't had a response yet, but actually I think with the blue it looks kinda out of place, as the headstock is black but the body is quilted and royal-ish blue... I'd need persuasion, I'm crap at making decisions

Black or blue?

Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.