Hi all,
I already have a Fender frontman 25R and a copy gibson explorer. Today after work i am going to get myself a bullet strat. the reason being i want a guitar with a whammy bar and single coil pickups for cheap. Are these guitars really that bad? My friends are telling me its a silly idea considering i already have a nice guitar. *shrugs* what do you all think?
I think it probably depends. Are you performing? Will this make you sound better in a show?

Do you need the whammy bar to advance your playing?

The way I've figured is that if you can get a pretty good guitar, just play and learn, because it doesn't have to sound magnificent if you aren't performing a lot.
Dont buy it, get an ibanez guitar with a floyd, even a crappy Ibanez will be better than any bullet (that i have EVER played on)
I know a guy with a bullet strat that Squier made and it's junk. $80. Doesn't have a whammy though...? He uses his sister's standard Squier Strat and its just as bad, but with a whammy that sucks. Doesn't dive low at all and the whammy is like, locked into place cause they are noobs.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Just put a cheap Bigsby on your Explorer.

Yeah aren't those whammy bars that you can fit on most guitars?
Quote by X\Chazza/X
Yeah aren't those whammy bars that you can fit on most guitars?

Yeah, they have flattop and archtop models.

I can't guarantee they'll stay in tune much better than a Squier, though.
yeah, i was talking a squire, only AU$199 i can afford a bit more. how much is a cheapy ibanez gonna cost?
Quote by Wilki
yeah, i was talking a squire, only AU$199 i can afford a bit more. how much is a cheapy ibanez gonna cost?

Just... Don't do it.

You'll wish you hadn't wasted your money.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Yeah, they have flattop and archtop models.

I can't guarantee they'll stay in tune much better than a Squier, though.

Well I think any whammy bar detunes your guitar a bit cos that's just what happens.
But it's normally ok on my strat if I don't push on it too much.
Quote by X\Chazza/X
Well I think any whammy bar detunes your guitar a bit cos that's just what happens.
But it's normally ok on my strat if I don't push on it too much.

Yeah, but if you can't really use it, or rest your hand on it without it going out of whack, what's the sense in having it?

That's why I love Kahler's.
Quote by Wilki
Hi all,
I already have a Fender frontman 25R and a copy gibson explorer. Today after work i am going to get myself a bullet strat. the reason being i want a guitar with a whammy bar and single coil pickups for cheap. Are these guitars really that bad? My friends are telling me its a silly idea considering i already have a nice guitar. *shrugs* what do you all think?

Dont waste your money on a bullet. For one it doesnt have the tremolo bar which you want, 2nd its piece of junk. Go to Stetsbar.com they have stop tail models that dont require putting holes into the guitar.
Amp/Effects:

Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Tc-Electronic G-system
Line6 DM4

Guitars:

EBMM JP6 BFR
EBMM JP7
Taylor 314ce