yerrrr, i've been saving up for a new guitar for agess, and i'm still nowhere near, but i can get it for almost half-price if i get it from abroad. which i can just about afford. good idea or will i just get a mangled pile of wood and metal?

cheerssss muchly
should be okay, assuming its packed right and insured, but bear in mind that it could take months to arrive. and you might get stung on tax.

also, it probably won't be set up well out of the box

EDIT: Oh yesssssss there's no neeeeeed to randomly repeeeeaaaat letterssss.

ITS ANNOYING
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Depends what shipping company is being used, really. If the shipping company is decent, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've had some delicate things shipped overseas to me, and they were fine.

Ofcourse, there is always the risk. You could have your shipment insured too.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by glowskulls
yerrrr, i've been saving up for a new guitar for agess, and i'm still nowhere near, but i can get it for almost half-price if i get it from abroad. which i can just about afford. good idea or will i just get a mangled pile of wood and metal?

cheerssss muchly

Um, argh?

But really, it's a fine idea really. It's not very common for things to go very badly.
Quote by Resiliance
You could have your shipment insured too.

+100000000000000000000000000000000
DETHKLOK RULZ!
What and where are you ordering from?
If it's like musiciansfriend or music123, then it MOST LIKELY should be fine.
But I won't be responsible for any er..descrepancies in the sent product and the actual photo.

e.g. missing a tuner head

cheerssss muchly

I'm guessing you're in the UK, so just make sure you've factored in the 17.5% VAT and 3% import duty on top of the shipping costs, otherwise you're in for a nasty surprise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks

yeah i think i will probably get it from there, it's worth the wait for the money saved and it hopefully getting here safely.
What kind of guitar is it? There's a lot of brands that retailers can't ship overseas, so make sure of that before you order one otherwise you could be disappointed
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

NO!! DONT DO IT! I ORDERED A GUITAR FROM THIS COUNTRY AND: STRINGS SUCKED, ACTION SUCKED, ONE PICKUP WAS TOO HIGH THE OTHER WAS TOO LOW! THERE WAS A CRACK WHERE THE PATCH CORD GOES IN, WHICH GOT BIGGER AND I HAD TO GET MY GUITAR REPAIRED, AND IT WAS CHEAPLY MADE! it it an epiphone G-310 SG though...
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
dude, thats a bit gay.

but.

this ones and esp.

i don't know about their shipping policy but the store says it can do it.

it's from music123 by the way.

cheers againn
Quote by porchmonkey4lif
NO!! DONT DO IT! I ORDERED A GUITAR FROM THIS COUNTRY AND: STRINGS SUCKED, ACTION SUCKED, ONE PICKUP WAS TOO HIGH THE OTHER WAS TOO LOW! THERE WAS A CRACK WHERE THE PATCH CORD GOES IN, WHICH GOT BIGGER AND I HAD TO GET MY GUITAR REPAIRED, AND IT WAS CHEAPLY MADE! it it an epiphone G-310 SG though...

Learn to switch off your caps lock ffs you bloody noob.
that's on G-310, of course it will be like that. Some even glue on the fretboard!
G-400s are way better
I've got a nasty feeling ESP will be US only, although I could be wrong. You're best checking before you set your heart on the guitar - also, which model is it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

it's the ltd- ex400, so not really an esp, but hey, i'm poor.

and yeah i did work out the currencys.

does anyone know how much it is to ship though?

i worked out a guess with shipping at $100 and adding on customs and v.a.t and it was still a good £150 cheaper than over here. but i've got a dodge feeling that it will be more than $100.

thankye again.
Arrr, Matey
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Afraid you're out of luck, as I suspected it's one of the brands that can't be shipped overseas.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

that's proper gay.

thanks for the help though.

i'll just work for another two months and get it here.