Page 1 of 2
What do you think will nail it? and yes humbuckers are prefered. I play through a Fender Hot Rod deluxe if that helps. I want a mean sounding guitar.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by Pacifica112J
Les Paul.

The Les Paul dominates blues rock.

i second that, les pauls are badass guitars made for badass guitar players
Quote by Pacifica112J
Les Paul.

The Les Paul dominates blues rock.

Any reccomendations as to which model?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by The_Okie
Any reccomendations as to which model?

Just your Standard I'd say. Nothing fancy, just a huge block of wood, with awesome tone. You might wanna see if they have lower output ones though, if it's bluesy sounds you're after.
Stratocaster. Jimi Played one, Clapton played one, SRV played one.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
What about an ES 335? or anything by PRS?
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
Quote by cheames
I would get an SG...but i dont know why...

I have an SG Special.
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
+1 on LP or strat

Depends on what kinda blues you want.

Heavy or lighter?

I would personally consider stuff like Clapton lighter (strat) and something like BTO a lot heavier for blues (then I'd suggest LP)
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
ES 335
PRS Custom 24 -- it is incredible. I play the same type of music as you and this is my main guitar.
Well, he said he wanted mean tone, and it doesn't get a whole lot meaner than the 12lb slab of mahogany that is the Les Paul.

As for the model, I'd say a nice Studio would do the trick. It's still got the maple top, mahogany back, etc. So it'll sound pretty similar to most other Pauls. It just doesn't have a lot of the cosmetics of the others like binding.
You can get heavy with a strat. Just listen to Vaughn.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
There is no question here

the answer is a Strat, if you wanna get all techy get a fat strat change the top two to Noiseless and the bucker to either a dirty fingers or a SH-4 or even a Bursbucker

play around with a tube screamer too
Quote by GuitarNinja12
You can get heavy with a strat. Just listen to Vaughn.

Yeah, but Vaughan's Strat had pickups from an overwound batch. And he used really heavy strings.
EJ Strat + pure nickel 12s + Sparkledrive + HRD = win boyyoo

G&L ASAT Bluesboy would do pretty good too
Strat, hands down...

All yall saying you cant get deep sounds out of a strat, than I guess you havent played it through the right amp. I happen to play my strat through almost the exact same amp as the OP, and i'm telling you, Strat is the way to go.

LP's are too bassy for my likes. I love the higher tones the strats give you, the twangyness if you want it, the hum if you want it.
whatta bout some kind of grestch?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
whatta bout some kind of grestch?

im not gonna lie. I have no ****ing idea what a grestch is.
well if you've seen the video for californiacation JF is playing a white falcon in that one, heres a link to the ones MF have
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Naw, I'd exclude hollowbodies from rock. Maybe for rhythm, like ACDC had, but not lead. Save em for blues.
A good blues guitar with humbuckers is anything Gibson if you've got the cash, I don't think strats are the end all be all blues guitars as everything seems to think. Vaughan managed to get a incredible amazing tone out of one but he also had a vintage one with overwound pickups, 13+ string gauges(he actually used as high as 17 at one point)incredibly rare fender vibroverbs( the 5th and 6th ones built). I doubt he'd be able to get all of that equipment and use those heavy gauge strings and if he did, he probably still would'int sound like like or as heavy as vaughan
Quote by giorgio1210
well if you've seen the video for californiacation JF is playing a white falcon in that one, heres a link to the ones MF have
He's takin this pish mate.
Gibson ES335 or Les Paul Standard
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I've got a great idea.

Why don't you go play a shop full of guitars and see which one you think suits you best?

Just an idea.
for bluesy rock the whole strat vs les paul debate is very subjective. It really comes down to personal preference. For me I would go with the les paul for any type of heavier bluesy rock (led zep, stones, acdc, GnR), but other people just like the fender twang. You've got to just go down the the guitar store and play all the guitars you can get your hands on.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
Gibson ES335 or a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul reissue. The '57 and '58 reissues are the same prices as a Standard and will be alot better!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Gibson ES335 or a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul reissue. The '57 and '58 reissues are the same prices as a Standard and will be alot better!

or a MIA strat would be a good choice
Quote by Pacifica112J
Yeah, but Vaughan's Strat had pickups from an overwound batch. And he used really heavy strings.

You can buy overwound Texas Specials by Fender. It's not really that big a deal to get your guitar set up to .13's either.

Anywho, I'd probably recommend a Les Paul or a 335. Actually, the 335 is cool and frankly, sexy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by deluxity