hey everyone, I just bought a Epi. Les Paul Custom and I love it. I was just wondering why it sounds so low? If I plug it into my amp, i need to adjust the volume on the amp to like 4 to be loud enough to play. While I only need to put it to a 2 with my Squire Tom Delonge Strat. The volume knob on the les paul works fine and I have it on 10. Is this because the strat has the high output Detonator (Invader) pickup? Or is my les paul defective somehow? Thanks.
Don't know but my standards is usually louder. Could be the pickups on your trat being louder I guess....
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I heard somewhere that its better to keep your guitars volume at 10 and set your volume from ur amp because its meant to suck the tone or something. Cud be bollocks though
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Well then its probably to do with your strats pups having a higher output then.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Yeah, but its Squire....lol I guess their not as bad as people say. Its a great guitar nonetheless.
high output is in no way a measure of quality in a guitar

either way

It's possible for there to be a problem with your jack - I know that on some guitars the cord can get half knocked out and the volume cuts down dramatically.
Les Paul stock pickups are (generally) not as "hot" as other pickups (such as EMG's, Invaders, XL-500's Etc.) Anyhow this is by no means a measure of quality, its just a measure of output. I have a Gibson with stock pickups and they are not as loud as my ESP because the pickups are not as hot. The point is, there is nothing wrong with your guitar, just turn your amp up.

-Axe
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
high output is in no way a measure of quality in a guitar QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic....lol

Adjusting the pickup height helped alittle.
the tom delonge strat comes with a ceramic pickup that should be really high output, especially compared to the low output epi pickups. the detonator or whatever's in the delonge strat sucks though heh