ok so i got this a little over a yeard ago when i was a guitar n00b and now i relize its not what i thought =[... i mean i probley could sell it and combine it some other money i have a buy a strat.. what should i doo keep it for sell it or what?
Last edited by John_Mayer_Fan at Feb 6, 2007,
cool
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Why didn't you just buy strat first?

What's wrong with RGs anyway?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
Why didn't you just buy strat first?

Who the hell buys a Strat for their first guitar? Unless you're a spoiled brat.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
you thought rg stood for really good, didn't you?

I like RGs though. Those wizard necks feel so good for playing rock/metal style.
Quote by Demonbreed

i think he meant squire...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Demonbreed

I'm sorry? He could have gotten a squier.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Dont move your hatred towards THESE now, what will it be next??? Man! dont get a dual recto, those amps suck they dont have enough gain and they are as quiet as hell!

Negative 1 000 109 933.85 points for dimebad Btw. hehe now we are tied.
I've heard RG's are pretty crappy, but i dont really know exactly what their deal is

meh just smash it on a ho
i love RG's lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Dimebag22
i think he meant squire...

or MIM
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Quote by cosmicsoul07
I've heard RG's are pretty crappy, but i dont really know exactly what their deal is

meh just smash it on a ho

So you've heard have you?

Well thats all most people on here have done, hear about things instead of trying them.

RGs are great guitars for metal and rock. I know, I did my research and I now own one.
Quote by Axeman99
So you've heard have you?

Well thats all most people on here have done, hear about things instead of trying them.

RGs are great guitars for metal and rock. I know, I did my research and I now own one.

ok...good for you
Quote by GiantRaven
Well thanks for making me feel like I have a shitty guitar...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm currently rocking out on an Aria from the distant past. It's got all the tone, sustain and nuance of a pensioner in a bucket.
What would you give...

to know the truth?
Threadstarter, wtf are you getting at? you don't like your guitar? no one gives a shit.

RG's are fucking awesome.

Haha, RG's are great ive got an RG32OFM better much better than the RR3 I brought (now that was a mistake!.. now sold!)

Its a great guitar! .. I had to set it up how I like it but thats nothing, its got an EMG in the bridge, nothing wrong with it... I imagine that the really cheap ones aint so great though.. but that pretty much applies to anything!!
well its sound beauftiful when i play ONE bands music... i play ALOT oh JM and wow its sounds like a dying cat. I have the Rg 2 EX2
RG's don't suck that much, some of them are awsome, and i love the necks

what model is yours?
New pickups will help. The stock Ibanez ones aren't always that great and aren't really suited to your styles.
Quote by John_Mayer_Fan
ok so i got this a little over a yeard ago when i was a guitar n00b and now i relize its not what i thought =[... i mean i probley could sell it and combine it some other money i have a buy a strat.. what should i doo keep it for sell it or what?

Are you kidding? The RG is probably one of the guitars that gives the best bang for your buck. Perhaps it's just not your style, maybe you need a more goofy/twangy tone - get a strat as you have said.
its all about personal preference, if you dont like the RG then scrap it, I myself prefer an RG over a strat
Higher end RGs are brilliant guitars.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Feb 6, 2007,
I still do too.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
RG's are really only good for metel and rock

but i have an RG and LOVE it

so does the guitarist in my bad he plays it instead of his gibson
Quote by LeoKhenir
I love you, Killer Bacon.
Quote by Demonbreed

Umm, I did... I'm not a spoiled brat either... I think a mim Fender Strat is a great starter guitar.
I just got an RG not long ago, and I absolutely love it. Though my first guitar was a pawn shop dean playmate, which probably made the RG sound ten times better when I got it. Anyways I still love it, its a great guitar, and in my opinion plays better than a strat, but I suppose it depends on what your playing.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Dont move your hatred towards THESE now, what will it be next??? Man! dont get a dual recto, those amps suck they dont have enough gain and they are as quiet as hell!

Negative 1 000 109 933.85 points for dimebad Btw. hehe now we are tied.

i hope you're kidding about the recto part?
I've got a GRG, I dont know whether that's higher or lower in standard...? anyway it's alright. Main problem with RGs and the like are cheap stock pickups. Instead of selling it you might get more satisfaction from sticking some Seymour Duncans in and customising it a bit.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I've got a GRG, I dont know whether that's higher or lower in standard...? anyway it's alright. Main problem with RGs and the like are cheap stock pickups. Instead of selling it you might get more satisfaction from sticking some Seymour Duncans in and customising it a bit.

my GRG170DX sucked

i think you got 270DX
Quote by Supern00b
i hope you're kidding about the recto part?

*faps furiously*
SARGASM!
I will fuc