Let me start from the beginning, I used to DJ with a guy I knew, he was a lot older than me, and I went with him and helped out. We did a lot of weddings, so eventually I played all the music and everything, and he went out and talked on the microphone, so really, I was doing everything by myself.

It's been about a year, year and a half since I stopped DJ'ing, but I want to get back into the business. I'm thinking about going on my own, though, which means buying my own equipment.

I don't really know what exactly we were using when I DJ'ed with the guy, but from what I remember that I'll need are:

1 mixer
2 speakers
2 stands

We used a subwoofer also, but I don't think I'd need that just yet since I'm just getting into the business on my own.

Is this all I will basically need? I'll obviously uprade and buy new things as I progress, but I just need some support.

I was looking at this mixer, but I haven't looked at many others. It's pretty reasonably priced and looks like its for amatures/intermediate DJ's like myself:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gem-Sound-CDM-150-Allinone-Dual-CD-PlayerMixer?sku=808144

How is this mixer? Opinions on better ones, but still reasonably priced?

What other brands/products would you recommend for mixers, speakers and accessories?

One of my friends DJ's, so I'll asking him for some advice too, so I'll hopefully get some good information there as well.

I know its a big thread, but thanks for reading and thanks for any responses.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
dont you need like, turn tables? or wrong kind of dj

and you probably need a subwoofer, they make complete all in one systems though
Awesome. I used to DJ when I was a freshman, but yeah. It's a great way to make an extra couple of bucks for guitars.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Good luck with that. I intend to start turntabling sometime...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Thanks for the support fellas, and El Penguino, I probably wouldn't use turntables enough to invest in one, but the mixer I'm looking at kind of has built in turntables anyways.

To anyone else, I'm looking for some info on products and any other information you have to offer!
unless your gonna be djing something that has some guitar in it, no1 around here cares bro. but if you ARE goign to be djing stuff with guitar in it......all the best to you man
^^Thanks for the support, but I just figured that a lot of musicians could possibly DJ on the side like I do.
*pimp slaps pimpslap*

One of our own mods is heavily into DJs etc, so don't mind him.

Yes, DJing sounds pretty darn cool.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.