I just came across this amp, I was looking into the Hiwatt brand but the only ones I could afford were their low end, but someone mentioned this amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hiwatt-Custom-20-amplifier_W0QQitemZ3703048984QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

So can I get some feedback or second opinions? Looks like a steal for such an amp also is it all tube? I was thinking of saving for a blues jr. but this seems like a better deal.

If it helps I like to play classic rock.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Feb 7, 2007,
Hmm... too bad I really wanted a tube Hiwatt but those are way too expensive. Thanks for the info.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Well no point in making a new thread and sorry for the double post but i'll ask since the Hiwatt is out for being SS, how would a Blues Jr. do? Can it go as heavy as Led Zeppelin?

I like cleans but a good OD is also nice.

With an OD it'll get great Led Zep sounds, and it's cleans are warm and fat.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Maxwatt's are alright, their 2x10 combo is reasonable, and the larger bass amp. anything underneath that (like the 10w excuse for an amp) is just a waste.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.