I always thought it would be interesting to start one.

Someone could bring in a CD/mix every meeting, discuss different bands, trade CDs and guitar magazines, encourage people to bring the guitars or basses to jam and offer help.

Anyone ever been involved in a club like this at school?
I've thought about a club like that, but I just don't know how to go about doing it.

EDIT:
Quote by Dirge Humani
Called rock ensemble or jazz ensemble here, and they are actual classes you get credits for.

WHAT I wish my school had that
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 6, 2007,
haha, i started a guitar club at my high school, im a senior, and yea, we just bring a few guitars and play at lunch, all just messing around though, nothing serious
theres a guitar club at my school, i went there once and they were playing cards not guitars, they keep trying to get more members
The guitar club at my school kinda sucks. I went a few times and most of the people there are terrible at guitar, and seem to have only picked it up to look cool. Grrrr.
Oh well.
Peace.
Psh... my school would never agree to that.

For one, it would be useless. There is only around 650 kids there, and it's a middle high school, and if I wanted to make a band out of it there wouldn't be enough musicians to show up.

Plus, all but one of the guitarists I know listen to almost all mainstream or music more on the -core side.

Nothing wrong with the music, it's just not my playing style.

And two, my principles hardly ever want to deal with a few rock kids after school.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm not sure if we have a guitar club but we have a songwriters club (which is really good, its a good way to meet everyone in the business) and a recording industry club.

I'm going to join one of them next year cause I'm in the middle of Baja right now.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Metal-X
I'm not sure if we have a guitar club but we have a songwriters club (which is really good, its a good way to meet everyone in the business) and a recording industry club.

I'm going to join one of them next year cause I'm in the middle of Baja right now.

You people have such cool schools, my school has music theory (which they won't let me take cause I'm not in band)

So how did the people who started the clubs go about doing it?
Quote by stratkat
You people have such cool schools, my school has music theory (which they won't let me take cause I'm not in band)

My school has AP theory I think...can get college credits for it.

I'm gonna go find my elective booklet and put all the music ones here...

AP THEORY
Concery band-a prerequisite to marching band and jazz ensemble, basically teaches the principals.
Concert Choir-Singing.
Music technology-uses synthesizers and other computer software to learn scales, chords, time signature, key signatures, and harmony.
Rock ensemble-Learn about rock history and theory, and you get to put on performances at school assemblies(The Christmas one was not too bad.)
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Feb 6, 2007,
My school has a guitar club, I was vice-pres, and it has sucked in the past years. This year though we have a different teacher running it and he's going to get us new gear and great discounts at a guitar store in our area.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
my teacher was going to start one but appearently he had no free time...
Hi, I like pie.

¯\(º_o)/¯
I'm saving music study for college.

And stratkat, I get e-mails from colleges (thing for my school) and if you want to stay in state, I've read Ball State has a good music program, even studies just for guitar.

They have different classes to appreciate classical music and such, and they have majors in some pretty good fields.

Just thought you might like to know.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
We have a few college courses at our school to get college credits (I think for college)

We also have a guitar club but it sucks. It's basically a race for the n00bs to see who can play crazy train the fastest and who has the loudest amp.

Think, 15 un-tuned guitars playing the same stupid thing on the low E string all at once.

That sucked so our guitar club teacher now has "Rockstar" days for the kids that actually know how to play and want to jam.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by stratkat

So how did the people who started the clubs go about doing it?

I'm in college, so I get to take all types of fun classes. (Once I get those damn gen. ed. classes out of the way.)

They are put together by ASCAP or some other music association.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Our school actually has a guitar class for Grade 11 and 12. Its all acoustics, so most of the people who take it are actually decent at playing and take guitar pretty seriously.
Last edited by RoyalT_996 at Feb 6, 2007,
We have a club like that at our school. I've never gone, because it basically just a bunch of not so cool people going to listen to this kid who is insanely good. I might go someday though. Last year we had a sort of talent show thing where peopel from the Guitar Club played really loud music in the middle of the art fair. It was wonderful.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
well we have a jazz band, which im in,
and a couple of my friends got permission for a "rock and roll club", which is every monday. Basically, if enough people bring their stuff, we have a jam session thing (like 8 peeople...3 guitarists, 1 drummer, 2 bassists, and some other people). doesnt really work out so well because people dont always bring their stuff. But if people DONT, then we just sorta sit around and talk
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build