Ok so im going to be getting a used jackson dinky dk2 and am planning on putting a bill lawrence l500xl and possibly a hot rail in the neck. Eventually i'm going to replace a licensced with a original floyd rose on it. Can anyone else reccomend any other modifications as this will be my main guitar for metal and shred?
sell it, buy an ESP, and it will be perfect.... Just trying to help... lol j/k

Maybe one of those Afterburner preamps in the guitar? I don't know how those work, just heard about it... Locking tuners (I've got a FR, it still goes out of tune. lmfao) Personally, i'd put in a coil tap, in case you ever get the urge for that single coil sound. But as far as a guitar for shredding can go, I think you've just about got it covered.
ESP EC-400 AT Goldtop
Fender 62 Jazzmaster
Fender Mexican HSS Strat
Fender 60's Reissue Strat
Peavey JSX Halfstack

**Member #10 of the PEAVEY IS AMAZING club!**
Quote by izzymcfizzy

Maybe one of those Afterburner preamps in the guitar? I don't know how those work, just heard about it... Locking tuners (I've got a FR, it still goes out of tune. lmfao) Personally, i'd put in a coil tap, in case you ever get the urge for that single coil sound. But as far as a guitar for shredding can go, I think you've just about got it covered.

You do know that there's a locking nut for a reason. If you're using your nut, you probably need your trem set up properly.

Sorry to go off topic.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
cover it in spraypaint. pictures of dead babies are good for punk guitars.

and hot rails suck in a dinky, i used to have one. HSS is fine.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ugh, my suggestion is not to put a Hot Rails in the neck.

My suggestion is to put a hot rail in the neck as neck hot rails are very, very sexy.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Generalpwnt
My suggestion is to put a hot rail in the neck as neck hot rails are very, very sexy.

Azrael is right. Having a super high output pickup in the neck totally defeats the point of having a neck pickup in the first place.

If anything, use a Cool Rails, or a low output Lil' Killer GFS from Guitar Fetish.
thanx for the replies and i guess I won't put a hot rail in the neck and I'll look at cool rails has anyone used a DiMarzio YJM single coil pickup
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yea, A cool rails would give you more versatility - Just something other than a hot rails, please.
BTW, Pacifica, you're the first person to say Azrael insteada forsak, or forsakn. You rule, haha.

Really? That's odd, the Azrael part of your name just kind of jumped out at me.

I know I rule.
Ok that kit wont work because of the pickup selecter is just 3 but im going to get the wire kit and buy the output jack and the pot seprately so whats better about Specialty pots oppsed to the standard pots, all I see is that they are more expensive, not a big difference tho.
all i have to say is that a bill lawrence xl-500 is one of the best pick-ups i've used
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
Quote by JMO
all i have to say is that a bill lawrence xl-500 is one of the best pick-ups i've used

+1
They make my squire master tele thin sound like a beast!
Leaders Of Men
IndieStore

-Gig Rig-
Fender MIM Strat (arctic white)
Boss ME-50
HH Performer 150.

-Practice Rig-
Squire Master Series Deluxe Thinline Telecaster. w/ Bill lawrence XL-500
Boss ME-50
Marshall MG15CDR
Hmm I'm guessing by shred you mean sort of metal speed playing? If so get the BL.
But If you mean shred like Satch, Vai, Petrucci then you're going to want a lil' more versatility.
I mean shred like vai and satch but I play a lot of metal too im not that good at shred yet and Dimebag Darrel is my favorite guitarist but i'm trying to find some other single coil pickups that will be good.
Quote by Pacifica112J
Really? That's odd, the Azrael part of your name just kind of jumped out at me.

I know I rule.

Yeah, it's supposed to be ForsaknAzrael. Azrael being a comic book character.

Quote by 420 FREAK
also does anyone know how hard it would be to install one of these
http://store.guitarfetish.com/onmucihotrot.html

It's not hard, but I think onboard distortion is kinda lame. Never really the same as real distortion from your amp or pedal.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, it's supposed to be ForsaknAzrael. Azrael being a comic book character.

It's not hard, but I think onboard distortion is kinda lame. Never really the same as real distortion from your amp or pedal.

then i don't think I'll get it I'll just use a pedal
I'm going to get a dimarzio yjm for the neck that should work good for shred and a bill lawrence l-500xl for the bridge so if anyone knows of a good single coil for the middle I would like to know.
i thought u said the middle the single coil?
the 500xl is a humbucker?
I'm lost.
Leaders Of Men
IndieStore

-Gig Rig-
Fender MIM Strat (arctic white)
Boss ME-50
HH Performer 150.

-Practice Rig-
Squire Master Series Deluxe Thinline Telecaster. w/ Bill lawrence XL-500
Boss ME-50
Marshall MG15CDR
The guitar is a hss the l-500xls going in the bridge and the yjm is going in the neck so i need a middle one but I think I might just keep that stock anyways now.
Quote by izzymcfizzy

esp don't have single coils and he's gonna use them
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club